Oh Crap...Robson's back

Andy Macfarlane

Last nights was the last in the series and I actually really enjoyed it

Its funny, there is a guy at work who takes the **** regularly, you know "sitting in the rain all day only catching a cold" sort of thing...

Well he loves this program. Every Tuesday he comes and raves about Robson's latest adventure.

I know many on here don't like it, and its not a great fishing program but it is a good entertainment program. I guess its the same as the bill or casualty. If you are a copper or a doctor, these programs are rubbish but the general public really enjoy the sexed up exciting versions of reality!

Rich

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just plain, simple angling made for TV which, atthe end of the day is supposed to be entertaining to average Joe as well as anglers like ourselves.

There's obviously a lot more behind that programme i.e lots of hard work/waiting on the part of locals and guides to get the fish....like a lot of angling programmes, makes it look quite easy lol

Edited by Neil G

It's just plain, simple angling made for TV which, atthe end of the day is supposed to be entertaining to average Joe as well as anglers like ourselves.

There's obviously a lot more behind that programme i.e lots of hard work/waiting on the part of locals and guides to get the fish....like a lot of angling programmes, makes it look quite easy lol

According to the Angling times there may be 3rd series. It beats the reality shows

And of course thats really what its about! ie attracting a far wider audience than just die hard anglers. Its entertainment with a "fishy theme" not an ultra cult,serious angling show.I like it more than the first series.Seems to me that far to many anglers take them selves and the sport far to seriously these days.

I expect some of the knockers here also sit there knocking the James Bond fims because "you couldnt really do that" or picking faults in other purely fictional fantasy entertainment programmes because they are "unrealistic"! HELLO! thats what entertainment is all about!

Totally agree Budgie, just take it for what it is, an entertainment programme with an angling theme.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"