happy cattery in kent brilliant fishing

j green

hi everyone i go to a place in ashford in kent just down the road from headcorn air base and its a boarder cattery but its only a little area with some cats in cages but its a big oast house set in 3/4 of an acre and its got camping witch has 20 tents but not alot of people no about it so theres only 10 tents on there but he has a pond wich is tiny about 1/6 of an acre in size and its got lots of 5 to 6 pound carp but it has 11 doubles. there are 4, 10 pounders and 6, 14 to 16 pounders and a 20 lbs mirror and it brilliant

the brilliant thing about it is its very quit and the people are nice

j.green

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could just scoop them up in your landing net, why dont you try Cackle Hill Lakes or Sam's both are nearby; at least they are bigger and will offer you more of a challenge.

Better still join KAPS or Maidstone Victory and fish their club waters.

Tony U

[ 13. September 2005, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Tony U ]

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Davy R, yes I seem to remember that episode as well, wonder who it could have been???

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Jim Gibbinson:

A sixth of an acre is not an angling water; it's a garden pond. I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to fish in such a diminutive puddle. Hardly the "great outdoors", is it?

If your enjoying yourself J.G. then go for it - fishing a quiet puddle in the company of nice people - isn't that what it's all about ?

We all started somewhere and I guess a lot of us have fished the odd garden pond along the way.

Whether the Fishing Race was ill judged, and I agree that it may have been, your statement regarding J.G's water and his enjoyment of it was rather harsh ?

Anyone who finds enjoyment and beauty in the smallest places is a lucky angler whatever their catches represent to others, there are days in the office when I would be very happy to spend an afternoon sat by a small pond catching 5 lbers