Lord Ahmed jailed

Ken L

For once I agree with you 100% Barry.

Only because i helped you in winning the argument. :P Can't argue with a guilty plea unless the man is a raving loony as well. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve Walker @ Feb 26 2009, 05:20 PM)

That's just the point - he wasn't convicted of killing someone by dangerous driving. It was determined that the activity that led to the dangerous driving charge (texting while driving) did not lead to the accident that killed someone. He had stopped texting some miles previously. He was caught texting because of the investigation into the accident, but the one did not cause the other.

I think that a lot of people suspect that the accident was directly atributable to him texting but as he wasn't actually pressing buttons at the time of impact (He may have been reading a text but that won't have been electronically recorded with a time stamp) it can't be proved that the use of the phone whilst driving actually contributed directly to the death. If it can't be proven, you can't be sentenced for it. What can be proven is dangerous driving.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I think that a lot of people suspect that the accident was directly atributable to him texting but as he wasn't actually pressing buttons at the time of impact (He may have been reading a text but that won't have been electronically recorded with a time stamp) it can't be proved that the use of the phone whilst driving actually contributed directly to the death. If it can't be proven, you can't be sentenced for it. What can be proven is dangerous driving.

Exactly. And how many people could be sentenced to serve a jail sentence EVERY DAY because they were compiling a text message when plod saw them? They guy was rightfully convicted of dangerous driving, he admitted it unlike most would, the sentence, though, is totally disproportionate.

FWIW I also agree with Corydoras on the 10 years bit - the problem is that it cannot happen in law today. My own 'business use vehicle' is fitted with a hands free kit because my employers want to speak to me whilst driving. They (handsfree's - not my employers :D ) should be banned too - I know that I don't pay a lot of attention to the road whilst I'm speaking on the thing; It's a friggin' menace to other road users (I actually tend to wait for voice mail messages to come through nowadays).

Paul

I'm bemused Paul.

How can you think that the sentence was disproportionate AND that 10 years would have been appropriate ?

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

FWIW I also agree with Corydoras on the 10 years bit - the problem is that it cannot happen in law today.

There was a glaring clue in what I posted Ken.

I knew it was a bad idea to get involved in a debate on here nowadays. I'll retire from this now and leave it to the 'regulars'.

Cheers

Paul

:g:

The sentence seems harsh compared to what other people get for the same offence, but seems lenient in absolute terms?

To be honest, having watched the various traffic police programmes we have on TV, I don't understand how you can get 12 months for texting at the wheel but someone with a criminal record can get a non-custodial sentence for leading the police on a high speed pursuit through the town centre in a stolen car.

He got 12 weeks Steve not 12 months.

I agree with you about sentencing though. It needs to be made so that it isn't dependent on social circumstances.

A working man who punches someone in the face for no good reason should get exactly the same sentence as a junky scrote that does the same thing. as it is, assuming they both get a fine, the working bloke might get a fine of £1000 plus costs and the scrote might get a fine (which will never get paid) od £250 with the tax payer picking up the costs.

It is an open and shut case, he was NOT charged with texting he was charged with dangerous driving to which he pleaded guilty.

I think he got off lightly, two recent cases have resulted in much longer sentences.

Straight road drove into back of stationary vehicle, it does not matter why it was stationary that is not the issue in court.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist