Holding your Carp !

craynerd

Only thing I will say on the subject is please resist the temptation to copy the photos in the weeklies by holding your fish at arms length away from you.Yes it does make them look bigger but you have no control over them if/when they start to wiggle! A dropped carp (even on to a mat)can often be a damaged carp.Held low and close to the body is safest for the fish.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Ok thanks guys. One more thing to add on the discussion of trophy shots, do all you guys have an accomplace to take ur shots?!? I go fishing on my own so i can only take the pics of the fish in my keep net or unhooking mat!

Have any of you set up a self timer or similar ?

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

rabster:

& Gaffer, just remember, you're only as good as your last twenty!

LOL! :D I like that!!! :D

rabster:

I would also like to add that the covering of a carps eyes works wonders on the mat before attempting your lift...

That is a very good point. I use a wet carp sack.

rabster:

Only thing I will say on the subject is please resist the temptation to copy the photos in the weeklies by holding your fish at arms length away from you.Yes it does make them look bigger.....

Budgie, that is pet hate of mine!

rabster:

Have any of you set up a self timer or similar ?

The above picture was one of the first self-takes that I took.

I used 3 banks-sticks.

1. Select a suitable position and background.

2. Kneel down and push in a long bank-stick to the height of your head.

3. Push in a bank-stick where the carp will be when you hold it.

4. Put the camera on a bank-stick with the shorter bank-stick, where the fish will be, and the longer (taller) bank-stick, where your head will be, in the frame.

5. Carefully remove camera from it's bank-stick and leave the bank-stick in situ.

6. Remove the 'target' banks-sticks before the picture is taken.

Hope that makes sense.

[ 11. March 2005, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Gaffer ]

Get yourself a little Digi camera with a timer. No need to set it up particularly accurate. Place it on a box or anything that is suitable, even a groundbait bucket can be ok.

Cut and crop the pic on your PC.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I have a nice digi camera, but it has a 10 second timer maximum, you recon thats long enough to go pic up ur fish ect ?

Probably is to be honest....wanna get more confident picking up my fish first...

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

Now when it comes to taking that trophy shot, taking along a digital camera is certainly favourite, but if not a digi, just having some form of camera would usually be an absolute must - unless, of course, you happen to be called Dazler!

What Dazler does instead is wait 'till I'm eating my tea, then phone me up to say he's caught & sacked up a big 'un, but he's forgotten his camera & would I mind awfully the 40 minute round trip to drive up there, in the píssing rain, to do the honours!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

My steak & kidney pie was stone cold by the time I got back, good job I'm not a big eater.

I shouldn't grumble too much though, as I did get a great piccy of Daz playing another nice fish, whilst two rainbows were visible in the background, which I now use as my avatar on here (although it's too small to make it out)

dazler:

rabster

what a superb job you did as well will return the favour anyday.

but please can you send me a copy of the photo its only been 12 months :D:D

Going off the file date on my PC it's nearer 24 months Dazler.

Anyhow, I'm not sure if this will work, but here goes: -

daz.jpg

Text book stuff there Dazler, with the fins between the fingers etc, how come you never told me about that??

I'll e-mail the rest to you over the weekend.

**Quick edit, I'm having trouble linking the picture from where I've got it uploaded. I've now tried putting it in the Anglersnet gallery, but it has to wait for approval. So for now you can probably only see a little red cross in a box.

[ 12. March 2005, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: rabster ]

• 1 month later...
BUDGIE:

Only thing I will say on the subject is please resist the temptation to copy the photos in the weeklies by holding your fish at arms length away from you.Yes it does make them look bigger but you have no control over them if/when they start to wiggle! A dropped carp (even on to a mat)can often be a damaged carp.Held low and close to the body is safest for the fish.

Do you mean like this? If so there are a few fantastic examples to follow, all by the same geezer! What was he thinking???

P1010378.jpg

P1010375.jpg

How many am I allowed??

Here's a little un.

P1010383.jpg

I'm surprised he hasn't put his back out!!

It's so weird it's almost funny! Fantastic, unless he drops one of course.