biggest carp?

16lb 4oz

Similar setup to JohnS, 4lb line 14 hook sweetcorn, in margins (caught others but had no scales, though prolly wont top that size)

Got it printed in a mag actually (though they changed the weight to 14lb for some reason), id post the pic as some confusion over type,common or ghost, and seems u peeps might know, but dont know how to.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats a "proper" carp?

My largest is a 43lb common, caught on fly fishing gear on one of the vast, lonely windswept limestone reefs of Lake Michigan, at the very tip of the Old Mission Penisula in Grand Traverse Bay.

She is unnamed, and had likely never seen a hook before mine, and will likely never see another.

Is this a "proper" fish?

• 2 weeks later...

nice one quattro.crafty here.did you manage to bag a few more in your three day epic.day sessions are for wimps...gimmy three days anytime..tight lines crafty... :P:P:D

Dunno, I never bother taking scales with me! have had one weighed @ 15lb 1ozbut not sure if this was my biggest, however it is all relevant some areas produce bigger fish than others. For starters we dont have 30lb carp here in Ireland!Mind you I'd rather catch a 7or8lb fish on light tackle than a20+ on heavy cranking sticks that seem to be in vougue at the moment. I use a quiver tip and 5lb.b.s. for most of my carping, but being a fly angler in the main I love fishing the floaters like crust and dog buiscuits. I think bolt rigs etc is like taking a bath with your socks on!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D :cool:

anglingireland.info

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

Greg, have you tried fly fishing for carp?

My PB of a bit over 43 was taken on fly gear, as have been most of my large carp.

I use flys tied to resemble small crayfish, or I use a number of nymphs or saltwater shrimp patterns.