Brotel! the time has come guys! help is needed!!!

carping_mad

Right all, which one!! i want it to fully protect me and my gear from the ellements, (because it is not nice cycling home with all me gear in wet cloths i can tell you!!!!), which is why i thought firstly that the bedchair brotel would be better as it would offer me more coverage, and protection, but!! i also want it to still be very light and easy to put away, otherwise i would have opted for a proper brolly with wings!!

Out of these two then chaps, please give me your opinions! Thanks.

AN review of Bedchair Brotel!

Bedchair brotel from Bivvy Hospital at £36!

AN review of De-lux Brotel!

Bennets of Sheffield, Delux Brotel at £39.99!!

So which one guys? :confused: :confused:

1 - I can get the bigger one for cheaper, and it will provide more protection, but will it be heavyer?

2 - I can get the smaller one for more money, but it will be lighter but will it offer as much protection?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder that the new Leeda version has a better quality material.

Also, I have a JRC x-light 3 leg bedchair that will fit under the delux brotel, albeit with the head lifted to about 45 degrees.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

ok thanks Ant, as i said before (somewhere) i dont need to fit a bedchair under it, just my chair, bag and food.

Thanks about it me thinks, have to travel light on the bike :P

Only problem is tho, that the delux version is more expencive than the bedchair version, i dont think bennets would be up for persauading prices. lol

What do you think mate? get the delux and compromise on the price, and maybe elsewhere?

OR! get the bedchair version, and get full cover, but compromise, on weight, and size?

:confused: i would so rather pay £36 than £39! for a cheaper model! lol. :confused:

Carpy, as you probably remember I gazumped you to one of these off Alan Roe for the Princely sum of £20.00.

I used it for the 1st time yesterday. It erects in a matter of seconds (oo'er matron! ) so I was left feeling very smug when I had it up & all pegged out in only a minute or two.

HOWEVER, it was quite windy yesterday (up to 20MPH winds) & frankly, without storm poles, it was just not up to it!

More than once the ribs popped out of the (all too) little sleeves that they're supposed to locate in. It was only the intervention of a bungee cord & some string that Dazler had for holding up his trousers that we managed to keep the thing in place.

Alan Roe's words that "it was a bit flimsy for his liking" (Apologies if I've mis-quoted you) were left ringing in my ears.

I shall still get my moneys worth sheltering under it in spring/summer showers, but shall use something a bit more substantial when the forecast is poor as it was yesterday.

On the plus side, it's certainly very light & bloody quick to put up.

Thanks Rabby, now that leads me to my next point, if i did get the delux version or the bedchair version i would also have to purchase some storm poles, BUT! as stated in an article somewhere else, it says that the ribs are very thick, and so normal storm caps will not fit, so anyone know where i can get some plastic holed ones? then i can drill into em! :D

Rabster >> Anyways thanks Rabster much aprecited for your opinion mate,

Anthony >> If i could get both i most certainly would! but i cannot afford both, therfore this decision will be a final one, unless Bennets have improved their service, and dont mind refunds :P

Any more opinions to swerve my thinking, to either one?

quote:

Alan Roe's words that "it was a bit flimsy for his liking" (Apologies if I've mis-quoted you) were left ringing in my ears.

Personally I've always found them more than adequate to keep my trousers up.

costers:

quote:

Personally I've always found them more than adequate to keep my trousers up.

As we can see!

:Dcosters.jpg

How about approaching the situation from the other end. Rather than minimal gear to accomidate a bicycle, expand the capacity of the bicyele to accomidate your gear.

http://biking.dhs.org/~bmiller/review/rhodgear.html

an-bike-trailer.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President