Brotel! the time has come guys! help is needed!!!

carping_mad

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True mate, but then again on saying that, Ant seams to do alright, and so did this other bloke i spoke to a while bak. lol

Its only got to last till next year so. i duno

If i go for the bigger one it might not fit where i want it to fit, but i do get more protection, but if it get the smaller one, i get less weight but also slightly less coverage.

Arg!! it is all about a weight and space thing for me!

I got rid of the hurricane, cos it was too big and too heavy! other than that it was perfect!!

carping_mad - the picture was by way of simply showing a bike trailer rather than a design that would suit for angling gear.

While I can't help with the piece about your getting permission, you can certainly buy or fabricate a carrier that will handle angling gear and rough paths. If you have a particular gate or opening that is really narrow, just build the carrier to fit that opening.

Something like this one maybe

an-bike-trailer2.jpg

[ 11. April 2005, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I bought my Brotel from the outfit in argyll's post 18 months ago. I use it for Pike fishing in Scotland where the weather isn't always perfect and have had no problems with it. I don't use storm poles, just the two guy ropes supplied and it has stood up well to some very rough use.

Recommended

Dave

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I'd have a look at the Fox Evolution Brolly (if they still produce them). They are ridiculously light, you can put them up in seconds and you can adjust the height and therefore the amount of coverage they give you. You can also get them inside most rod holdalls. They are not perfect: the short, centre strut can split if you put too much pressure on it and they could do with a little bit of extra coverage at the front. I cut up to fit and waterproofed a cheap, green shower curtain and held it on with crocodile clips. You usually only need to do it on the windward side. I now have the more expensive version with alloy poles, but I still have a soft spot for the old one because it is just so easy to put up and take down. The heavy-duty skirts at the bottom of the more expensive one make it quite difficult to roll up properly.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I'm surprised you say that, as the Evolution Classic can't be much more than the Brotel. I would have thought that you could pick up a second-hand one for about forty quid.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.