Pseudo Forum names

Maggie

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine originates from trying to play online WW2 shooting games (specifically Battlefield 1942) years ago on a dial-up internet connection. I was absolute rubbish and put it down to the fact that all other players on servers had broadband and so were 'seeing' me before I saw them. Eventually I signed up to broadband and thought I'd be an online gaming god, unfortunately I was still crap and so needed another excuse. My in-game nickname became RustyWeapon and I've stuck with it ever since throughout the various Battlefield derivatives (I still play online).

I think I must look more like a Rusty than a Chris because when I organised a get together amongst several other online gamers within half an hour of meeting they’d forgotten my real name .

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Mine sounds like a subtle play on word (Ken L - Canal - Geddit?) but it isn't, it's just my name. Ken L on here, Ken Loughran on other boards.

'Canal' had never occured to me actually but it seems patently obvious now. I always just thought you were just Ken but 'Ken L', a in canal, does have a ring to it.

I gather folk have asked what your real name was thinking 'Ken L' was just a pseudo name?

...Andy...

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Mine sounds like a subtle play on word (Ken L - Canal - Geddit?) but it isn't, it's just my name. Ken L on here, Ken Loughran on other boards.

but from a distance his acquaintaces refer to him as

'Far Ken L' - a not so subtle play on words! :lol:

Ken, seriously no offence was ever intended in the posting of this missive!

Alan - who uses his own name, because my original moniker upset the late and much missed Alan Taylor.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Mine is because of my fascination in the air war of WW2 and named after a famous German outfit,well famous to air warfare addicts anyway :nerd: .

I use the same Username for every fishing forum i go and had never given it a thought before steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Psuedo whats????? :P

I like not having a forum name as it help keep me in check and (tends) to stop me misbehaving. If everyone had to register their own names I think there would be a lot less name calling!

Rich

i use the name " Chavender " on all forums (as unification ,plus i forget who i am if i use too many different names ) partly because Steven devereux is sometimes too long too fit the name space .& appear properly ,I've used other names in the past one i used a lot was "Gudgeon grabber" because no matter where i go i usually catch one ,plus i once caught about 500 odd of them from the canal and me mates called me king gudgen ,& gudgeon guy and i thought gudgeon grabber sounded better so i used too use that on all the forums ,then my pc died taking all my log in details etc with it too hell ,where it burns too this day ! i chose chavender as a replacement because chavender means chub ,and i'd spent 6 years soley trying too catch chub & i new not many people knew that chavender was a old english name for chub and so was a clever choice plus chavender = chub = me chubby :roll1:

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

This is not about whether you ‘should’ or ‘should not’ use pseudo names on the forum as this has been discussed before, but if you do use a pseudo name on the forum why did you choose it?; or do you know why other angling writers chose their pen names?

I read that Denys Watkins-Pitchford chose the pseudo name ‘BB’ because it was the size of shot he used in his shotgun cartridges while shooting Geese.

When Richard Walker first started writing he used “Water Rail” as his pen name because it was: in his own words “dead crafty about using cover and moving about”.

My other half uses the pseudo name "BoldBear" on this forum because it's the same name as his character in the online game "World of Warcraft" which he plays with our son.

So I am interested to know; (if you do use a pseudo name on the forum) why did you choose it?; or does anyone know why other angling writers chose their pen names?

My early understanding of Forum identities led me to believe that a pseudo name was the norm, and as I had been a busy CB'r earlier I stuck with my Handle which I gleaned from the house name and number on my front door. That was a combination of Cyril and Anne - - - - the unused names of the first owners of my place.

I would quite like to change it ,but as someone said earlier ,there has to be a major re-registering performance, and it hardly seems worth it for my very limited input.

As for me take a guess! I was always 'Ginger' (one of the kinder names) as a kid and whilst my erstwhile mop is still covering my head completely it has gone from carrotty to a more subtle shade with grey highlights. Like the rest me it is gradually fading away.

Pete.