Best carp moments of 2002

Julian

Well, with December upon us, another years carp fishing draws near to a close.

I just wondered, what are your most memorable ‘carpy’ moment/s for 2002?

Doesn’t have to be about size or numbers, just moments that have made it special.

For me it would have to be a really strange repeat capture. I’ve been fishing a double swim with a mate for most of the year on a hard estate lake. On one session back in July my mate was up the tree which overlooks the swim, checking our margin spots, when he saw (for the very first time) a carp swim right over my baited area, pick up a few freebies and then ultimately, the hook-bait.

The following scrap resulted in a nice 19lb+ mirror on the bank. Nothing strange in that you might say, but two weeks later, the very same thing happened again! Only this time it was me up the tree!

I watched the fish come over my baited spot, drop down and pick up the hook bait. Same fish, same bait, same spot – and both times we’d watched it pick up the bait, now what are the chances of that happening!

julian20.jpg

The aptly named “déjà vu” - A special moment indeed! You can read more about the captures here

So, what are your best moments for 2002??

Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

There are a few that stand out for me,

Catching a new UK PB 36+ with a 25 and a 19 in a few hours.

36_8d.jpg

Landing a 30+ UK cat (Raw power)

cat2.jpg

watching my mate land 2 45+ mirrors in half an hour in France,

two40s.jpg

[ 05. December 2002, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: singy ]

Paul Singleton

Two highlights for me.

The first one was watching my son's face as he caned the living daylights out of a lakes Carp population, resulting in his first double figure Commons, whilst his heroes Matt Hayes & Mick Brown were blanking at the other end of the lake!

The fact that they were fishing for Catfish, not Carp, didn't seem to have any bearing on the matter at all. He put it down to a bad decision on their part! oh we've all had to listen to that story a few times.

My other highlight - I hardly dare mention it in the light of singy's post - was my first ever Catfish weighing in at a colossal 8lb...FANTASTIC.

Peter.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Mine would be stalking and then catching a fish i've been after all year which was a new PB.

Either that or hearing about Lee Jackson catching Two-Tone

[ 06. December 2002, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Woodzzz ]

My best memory would be when I caught my first ever double figure Carp of 13lb 3oz. Another great memory was a few months before that It was in the same swim had 17 fish in a 24 hours session. In fact I had only started Carp fishing this year so everything was all new to me and has got me hooked for life

Sadly, maybe, mine was finding this online carp extravaganza.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful advice I have been given during the past year, it has cetainly boosted my catch rate infinately.

A merry Xmas and happy new year to you all.

:):):):)

aaahhhhh back on the forums..after so long!!!

as ever the website is stronger than ever !"!!

best moment has to be......banking my first twenty from my favourite lake.....and then banking a 22lb leather which tore off while we were taking pictures of the first one...i ahve only been fishing for 2 years and only carping 1 year. All season i had hoped to get a 20 then 2 came along. i was also lucky enough to have someone to share it with.

May have to send in piccies if the angling club will permit.. and if Elton permits

John "The Block" Westley