Time for a new bivvie

Neal

Right tis time I got myself a new decent bivvie. There are loads out there and the one that has caught my eye is the Armadillo Tracker Big Z single man. The reviews are good and its easy to erect and dismantle. Any views on my choice? Ta :confused:

[ 01. February 2003, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Neal ]

Originally posted by Fishy Dom:

Is the Aqua Dillo the same as the Trakker one?

They are exactly the same except the Aqua brolly uses velcro whereas the Trakker uses a zip to hold the sides and doors on.

Inc. in the price ,on the website, is postage which adds up to a great deal.

Keith

The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ya Neil, I only found anglersNet yesterday and I am hoping its not to late to give you a bit of advise on your new Bivy!

I have got an Armadilo infact I have had several of them due to keep sending them back to the shops because of problems like leaking and very heavy condensation.

Be warnded M8 if your going to fork out £300 for your bivy then I gotta tell you (You need an over wrap for it) at a further cost of £179.

your Bivy now stands you at just short of £500...

Get your self a cypri dome m8!! lot less hassle

Andy

http://www.uncutfishing.co.uk

:):):):):):)

Blimey a complaint against the Dillo !

Just when I was thinking of buying one as well.

Is yours the Trakker or Aqua version Longshank ?

[ 14. February 2003, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Andy Thatcher ]

Cheers

Andy

ANMC Member, Go on you want to too !

Dillo is the best, not cheap though. no bivvy is great unless you get 2 skins. The dillo is the only bivvy system you can tailor for your angling needs. Single skin in the summer, winter skin for the nastiest of weather and can also have the whole front open so it acts like a profile/oval.

When using the single skin and it pisses down, water can drip from the zips of an open door onto the front of the ground sheet. This is the only fault I can find. Obviously you don't get that when used with an outer skin.

All single skin bivvies/shelters will suffer from condensation.

Mines a trakker by the way. - Love it which ever one you choose you will not be dissapointed

Singy

[ 14. February 2003, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: singy ]

Paul Singleton