Time for a new bivvie

Neal

Hi Andy Thatcher

The answer to you question is that its a Tracker Armadilo and I have met other people whilst fishing and they have had exactly the same problems as me... Leaky seams etc.

I only wish I would have waited an extra 3 weeks for an Aqua one, but even with these you need to get your self an over wrap. If you are on a session for a couple of days and you don't have an over wrap (your sleeping bag ends up wet through due to the condensation which gathers inside.... Don't be fooled M8 the total cost for the Armadilo is not £300 pound but nearer to £500 for it to be of full use to you.

Cheers

Andy

[ 14. February 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: longshank ]

I agree with what has been said ANY single skin bivvy be it Nash, Trakker, Fox ect will cause condensation especially when cold and you will get dripped on. Look for a twin skin like the Fox Easy dome or any oof the others from good companys, Make sure that there is a good after sales service. Good luck.

Just wondered as I have seen nothing but praise for the Dillo all over the place and yours is the first bad feedback I have seen. I fully realise how much it'll cost.

I have been using an Evo Bivvy for the last 3 years and have to say that it ain't that bad. Even without a Winter Skin on the coldest of nights whilst there is of course condensation I have see far worse.

Cheers

Andy

ANMC Member, Go on you want to too !

Hi all I have to agree with Mort..

He seems to have a laid back oppinion and wise veiw and an understanding of how the Bivys/(Bivies)actually work, in the summer time they are great!!! Winter they are Pooo!( unless ocompanyed with an over wrap!! but when all said and dune (your going to pay for your comfort) and I can only say what I feel!

I'm going to stick to mi JRC overwrap for my 60" Brolly which cost me £60 (storm poles included)However I do have condensation problems and I also have a little problem with the Zip department but its as big as the dillo and poses the same problems! What the hell!! (It beats the **** out ta sitting in a dillo and wondering what the FeK ya spent ya money on; when its ******* in!(Heavely)

The price for a JRC overwrap will be a lot less substansial than an Armadilo's. I look at it this way "its not whats on the bank its whats on the the end of the hook that counts"

I have fished in high winds and hard rain at the Shimano Linear lakes and had no problems with the overwrap or the Brolly!!!! Get one M8

Andy from

http://www.uncutfishing.co.uk

[ 15. February 2003, 03:20 AM: Message edited by: longshank ]