Which French Venue?

Neal

I have narrowed my summer French trip down to two venues. The reason I have chosen these two is because they offer an all inclusive package and there is not the hassle of driving. The first is Croix Blanche, which Singy recommended the next is a place called Maleon. Both offer a good 7 day package. Has any one fished Maleon or knows of it? Would like some background info on facilities <coz I am a wuss> etc. Thanks in advance. Who needs carp mags when you have this forum?

I have now found another venue arghhhhhhh Les Quis. A bit more expensive but a chat with the owner put my mind at rest. Anyone fished this one I ask???? It can be found here ----> web page This actually is the one I am going for it looks pukka :D:D:D

[ 20. February 2003, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Neal ]

Les Quis is a venue I wouldn't personally fish. I know people who have fished there - and some still do. From the things that friends have witnessed there are concerns around carp stocking. I don't think I can elaborate any more here but like I said I wouldn't fish the place out of principle.

Rob.

Point taken Ron, I actually thought about this point, but the lake that appears very over stocked is the Bay Lake where a ridiculous amount of fish get caught. On reading reports on the other three lakes it seems that the fishing can be hard and there are even some blanks.

Did I hear recently that there had been a fish kill at Les Quis?

Not my idea of a fun place to go, but then perhaps I do take my carping fairly seriously. I think Ken Townley fishes Maleon and has written about it in Carpworld (The infamous "gutted" article?). Sounds a bit of a tricky water.

I once met Gareth Watkins who runs Croix Blanche and he seemed a really genuine bloke and the reports on the place are very complimentary. That would be my choice.

Cheers

Chris

Neal,

For any info on Les Quis suggest you phone and speak to the guys at The Tackle Box in Dartford on 01322 292400.

Can't comment on Croix Blanche as a fishery but I did have a long chat with Gareth at one of the Carp Society Conferences and he seemed a good guy.

Re Maleon, I was out there this time 5 years ago. It's changed hands since 1998 but I will private mail you re my experiences from back then.

What about GTS tours to Jonquoy. Don't over-look Tim Clegg-Jones organised trips to this small (by French standards) but awesome lake. Top Bloke, Top Fishing and 1st Class Service. Strongly suggest you phone Tim or Ali for a chat on 01435 860739 before committing to anywhere else. Check out the website www.gtstoursltd.com.

Hope this helps ???.

Gadget

It's not the meat on the legs........

I do appreciate everyones views, as it is my first trip I do want it to be a good one. All I can say is I have heard good and bad things about all the venues I looked at, I have to take the plunge otherwise I would end up not going! Thanx again for all of your help.

Neal