Too much rubbish in AN these days....

Just a few points - and even an apology or two...

Firstly, I should apologise to Elton for including the comments about the excessive number of 'News' threads, it would have been better if I'd made those comments in a separate posting.

I didn't realise that it was just being trialled.

I'm not sorry that the 'trial' is over though.

---------------------------

Mark, Pike & Predators - yeah, I know what you mean, been there, done that - don't want to go there again.

I bet that some of the MC's and FW's here would feel right at home there.

-----------------------------

Another apology, the term 'Micro-Celaphic Individuals' - not only did I spell it incorrectly (the correct spelling is 'Micro-Cephalic'), I also got the meaning wrong, I thought that Cephalic meant 'appertaining to the brain'

rather than, as Vagabond pointed out, 'appertaining to the head'

Therefore my heartfelt apologies go out to all those who I called 'pin-heads', what I really meant was to call them 'pea-brained'

------------------------------

Newt, your comment:

"I notice you've never bothered to contribute any money toward keeping the place alive. As long as AN is simply free entertainment for you, you have the same right to complain that a non-voter has to complain about who gets elected. None."

Until you mentioned it, I didn't realise that it was possible to contribute financially towards the cost of this site, now that you have kindly pointed it out I will be looking into it, I do value this site greatly and would be sad to see it 'die'.

It may be also worth noting that, of the 15 or so responders to this post, only two individuals are shown as being contributors.

I haven't specifically looked at other threads to compare the percentage of 'contributors' to 'members', but if it's comparable to this post it would seem that thousands of members also 'can't be bothered'.

Does this mean that they also have no right to complain? - or perhaps it only applies those who cause involuntary knee-jerk reactions in others, who shall be nameless.

Finally Newt, whether I become a contributor or not - in the future, if I think there is something that needs complaining about - I shall complain....whether anyone takes any notice is, of course, another matter.

------------------------

Rabbit, try to get the name right - it's Mr Kneller, not Knellor, But I'd prefer to be known as just plain Barry, although I've been called far worse in the past, and, no doubt, I'll be called far worse in the future.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Other than those items mentioned above, I stand on every word I put into the original post - if anyone has a problem with that, tough....

I shall now return to my more normal 'Lurk' mode.

Have another nice day...

Cheers

Barry

PS - Ken, there's only one 't' in prat..........

Barry

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And WELL done Barry! What's wrong with sounding off now and again?? May NOT appeal to everyone but as long as it is NOT out and out rude (if it Newt will be on the case!) WE ALL have our own ideas and BOY oh BOY would it be boring if we ALL thought the same!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Guest Jan V

Newt, your comment:

"I notice you've never bothered to contribute any money toward keeping the place alive. As long as AN is simply free entertainment for you, you have the same right to complain that a non-voter has to complain about who gets elected. None."

Until you mentioned it, I didn't realise that it was possible to contribute financially towards the cost of this site, now that you have kindly pointed it out I will be looking into it, I do value this site greatly and would be sad to see it 'die'.

Cheers

Barry

The Vail household does contribute to the AN site in 2 manners - look at my status (GOLD contributor). Newt's contribution is in endless hours doing the, many times, thankless job of a moderator. Free entertainment - I don't think so.

Firstly, I should apologise to Elton for including the comments about the excessive number of 'News' threads, it would have been better if I'd made those comments in a separate posting.

Mark, Pike & Predators - yeah, I know what you mean, been there, done that - don't want to go there again.

Another apology, the term 'Micro-Celaphic Individuals' - not only did I spell it incorrectly (the correct spelling is 'Micro-Cephalic'), I also got the meaning wrong, I thought that Cephalic meant 'appertaining to the brain'

Therefore my heartfelt apologies go out to all those who I called 'pin-heads', what I really meant was to call them 'pea-brained'

Newt, your comment:

It may be also worth noting that, of the 15 or so responders to this post, only two individuals are shown as being contributors.

I haven't specifically looked at other threads to compare the percentage of 'contributors' to 'members', but if it's comparable to this post it would seem that thousands of members also 'can't be bothered'.

Does this mean that they also have no right to complain? - or perhaps it only applies those who cause involuntary knee-jerk reactions in others, who shall be nameless.

Finally Newt, whether I become a contributor or not - in the future, if I think there is something that needs complaining about - I shall complain....whether anyone takes any notice is, of course, another matter.

------------------------

Rabbit, try to get the name right - it's Mr Kneller, not Knellor, But I'd prefer to be known as just plain Barry, although I've been called far worse in the past, and, no doubt, I'll be called far worse in the future.

Other than those items mentioned above, I stand on every word I put into the original post - if anyone has a problem with that, tough....

Have another nice day...

Cheers

Barry

Oh , please stop mincing your words Barry and tell us what you really think............................. :D

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Guest Rabbit

Newt, your comment:

------------------------

Have another nice day...

Cheers

Barry

Feeling better now Barry?? Seems like you have had a severe case of loss of sense of humour, and just what you expect from individuals that are having a debate of course passions spill over from time to time and look at the House of Commons if you need an example of healthy debate. So its back to the window licking for you, but you rare foray into the shop certainly provided a bit of entertainment, although please research better if you intend to insult. have a nice day too!!

Barry et al..contribute or not? If it is something you value then why not? I have no idea how few of us there are, I am not even sure whether my 50pence a week makes much difference, but I value AN.

I like Elton as a person, I like what he has set up for us to enjoy, and to be honest, I don't even notice the £6.00 a quarter.

It is taken via pay pal...totally painless.

I have said it before, and will say it again...100 at £6.00 a quarter will probably pay the running costs...1000 at £6.00 will provide a nice little income for Elton.probably enough to make him feel a bit secure :) Many more and he might be quite well off....and why the hell not???????????

Now I also have to say, that I feel that paying a few quid does not give me any more rights to complain or receive any preferential treatment, I simply pay a bit and get on with offering help where I can,,ask for advice when I am stumped, and lets be honest, we do have a good laugh don't we?

Lastly, I have to say that I do often ask a question about some of the more prolific posters on AN.....The question is.... "If you value your comments so much, then why do really not value AN enough to pay 50p a week?"

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Guest Jan V

Well said, Den. :clap3: I offer my support to Elton, his efforts and the money he pays out of his pocket. Being a contributor does not give members any more rights than those that aren't. We all do what we feel is fair.

...so Chesters could be a fa@-wit as well as being a Bigot.
indubitably ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Just looked............

I PAY for this..........

B@GGER.....

I think I should be paid. :mellow:

And all this discussion about miss-spelt words, I looked it up and found reference to a slug farm, my chickens love slugs! so there you go.

Anyways, I have pet goats, EVERYBODY knows that goats and trolls don't get along so how can I be a Troll, unless my goats are not, well, Goats. :D

In my opinion, everybody who dislikes Goats is a Bigot and a Macro-supurlitive.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."