somthing wrong with my rigs?

comradpoplin

i finished a 10 hour sesion at a locel lake not a very long day but produced three nice fish 2 of the said fish when hooked where hooked in the face.

i wouldnt have thaught anything about it if it was only the one but 2 diffrent fish hooked in the side of the face about 10mm from the mouth

in the same day.

this leads me to believe there is somthing wrong with the way i am tying my hair rigs any ideas?

if life treats you wrong just go fishing if life treats you well just go fishing infact, just go fishing

Did you check the mouth to see if you got a weak hookhold which then transfered to the outside ?

Are you fishing bouyant baits ?

What shape/style of hook are you using - bent or curved hooks will tend to give this.

How long is hooklength and weight of lead ?

Hair length is most likely.

Can you get a photo or drawing on here ?

That they were both hooked in the same place does indicate a rig issue, as Common said, more info and everyone will be able to give some feedback

If you are fishing popups and feeding small particles like pellets or hemp it could be that the carp have there noses glued to the bottem picking up these small baits and have just swam into your hookbait.

Small posibility!

Effort equals reward!!

Comradpoplin, there could be 100's of reasons why you've experienced this particular problem, it could be anything from hair-length to bite indication.

As the others have already suggested, if you could get a picture of your rig and/or list what you are using, including the lead arrangement and the type of bite indication (runs, drop-backs, single bleeps, etc), will help to find the problem.

Also, any information on the swim you were fishing (gravel, silt, weedy, etc) will also help.

Help us to help you.

have you tried a micro barbed hook as ive read some fishery's are banning barbless hooks because they cause a lot of damage to mouths throgh slipping i would definatly try a micro barb and see if that help's :D:D

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Originally posted by merlino:

[QB] some fishery's are banning barbless hooks because they cause a lot of damage to mouths throgh slipping

That's an interesting development, has anyone else come across this. I've often thought a microbarb would be useful, especially to keep worm or maggots wriggling off! How much damage would such hooks do??

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton