Have got the Drummore blues big style

Snatcher

Have just been going through my Mull of Galloway photo folders looking for a photo for someone and have come down with a bad case of the Drummore blues. I am sure that all of us have a special place that does this to us !!

Well,weather dependant,we will be going over to Drummore this Sat or Sun to open the van up for the season.We will probably stay there for 3 or 4 days,no rush to come back over.By about the end of April we should be there for virtually the whole summer with just the odd fleeting visit back here to Whitley Bay.

Just cannot wait to get over there.I have been having a love affair with the area for about 16 years now.Guess where my ashes will eventually be going? yes Luce Bay.This is why I love the place so much

Luce Bay as viewed fom the caravan lounge

Roomwithaviewcomp-1.jpg

Port Logan Botanical Gardens just a couple of miles away

Clash3-1.jpg

Chilling out on the caravan veranda

ColinandChrisresized.jpg

The view of Drummore Harbour from the caravan park

Drummore-1.jpg

The lighthouse at the end of the Mull,Scotlands most southern point and the Isle of Man on the horizon

IsleofMan-1.jpg

Not a bad place to retire to. Come on guys n gals open your heart up and tell us about your favourite spot,with photos of course :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

That looks stunning Colin,are there fish in that stream :sun: Come on the rest of you where is your favourite place :rolleyes:

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

That looks stunning Colin,are there fish in that stream :sun: Come on the rest of you where is your favourite place :rolleyes:

John

It gets a small run of Sea Trout and the odd Salmon in September if the water is right. They run up to a small lough about 5 miles from the sea.

See my Website for a bit more info on the area.

Colin ,great photo of the stream, i also like the pics on your web site. The panto looked good fun.

Cheers Fred

Thanks Fred,

We go over for the Panto every year now. Our surrogate grand-children are usually in it plus many of the friends we have made in the west.

And yes you are right it's great fun at the panto and at the knees up afterwards! :D

Just been on the website again Colin,it seems like a place I will have to visit in the future!!! well our caravan in Drummore is only 16 miles from Stranraer and their is a frequent ferry service over to Belfast. :rolleyes:

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Well Buttermere would have to be my favourite and as its only 10 mins or so down the road, its quite convenient for me. The majesty of the place cannot accurately be displayed by photographs, but here are a couple anyway.

ButtNorth-1.jpg

Butt.jpg

Of course the whole of the Lake District is also beautiful, but Buttermere is quite special for me.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Of course the whole of the Lake District is also beautiful, but Buttermere is quite special for me.

Steve...:)

Years since I've fished there. Great photos mate.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!