Sharkatag 2009 June 12-14

Snatcher

I have never looked at this forum for a while so this is probably old hat but I assume some of you lads will be havinng a go at

here

Its just that I was talking to someone on the WSF forum yesterday and he was under the impression that 20/30 yakkers could be attending this meet.I just wondered what your plans are and where you plan to launch/stay?

Here is the WSF link to the thread. It is being run alongside this WSF boat meet.

It would be good to meet some of you guys if you are in my neck of the woods in Drummore. If I am dulicating a current thread I do apoligise :rolleyes:

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I have never looked at this forum for a while so this is probably old hat but I assume some of you lads will be havinng a go at

here

Its just that I was talking to someone on the WSF forum yesterday and he was under the impression that 20/30 yakkers could be attending this meet.I just wondered what your plans are and where you plan to launch/stay?

Here is the WSF link to the thread. It is being run alongside this WSF boat meet.

It would be good to meet some of you guys if you are in my neck of the woods in Drummore. If I am dulicating a current thread I do apoligise :rolleyes:

John

I'll be there Snatcher along with quite a few others from Anglers Afloat.I think most are staying at the caravan/camping site at Sandhead, link below ;)

http://www.sandsofluceholidaypark.co.uk/

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

I'll be there Snatcher along with quite a few others from Anglers Afloat.I think most are staying at the caravan/camping site at Sandhead, link below ;)

http://www.sandsofluceholidaypark.co.uk/

Hi Richi,yes its a nice site mate.Just checked the price list and its £15 a night for tents! It could well be worth having a look here if everyone is not booked up yet.Its the site where we have our caravan.Anyway here are two pictures of the pitch

Clashcamping-1.jpg

campsite-1.jpg

Here is the view of Drummore as seen from the Clashwhannon caravan park

Drummore-1.jpg

It will be good meeting some of you guys.Need any more info? its not a problem :)

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update for anyone still looking for digs. Was talking to Martin our site owner through the week and he was saying that he has had a cancellation for the Sharkatag dates.

Just in case anyone is stuck :) Hope to meet up with one or two of you guys in June then

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Hi Snatcher,

As Richi said the kayak lads are making base camp at Sandhead. We are going to concenrtate our efforts in the Ardwell area, avoiding the stronger tides of Drummore and the obvious hazzards of the Mull Head it's self.

No doubt you'll see a few of us around as some are staying for the whole week and others returning again for the following weekend. A trip out from Port Logan is on the cards one evening and if the weather permits we hope to get out from Garlieston for a few hours as well.

I think it could be a busy weekend........... :D

Neil.

I could recommend a few places for you to launch to try for the bass. Will PM you as gill netters do look at these forums!!!

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair