Bivvy or Brolly ?

Guest RobStubbs

Guest RobStubbs

So what do you use/prefer ? I only ever use a brolly nowadays, although since I have a tracker big z I can just zip the front on if needed. In the winter time it's more to keep the damp off than anything else but using a bedchair cover helps keep everything dry (and me warm).

Rob.

Depends on how long I am going to be there for and the weather, if just an overnighter and I'm not expecting rain I will use my profile and maybe put the front panels on if it gets cold or damp. For 24+ hour trips or if its raining I will use a bivvy presuming it can be put up in the swim I'm fishing, another advantage of a brolly.

Guest Simon Newbould

Depends on the time of year really.....

Brolly up until mid September or so.... Bivvy only for anything longer than an overnight when it's cold..

Simon

hi all.

as i normaly fish for a week at a time, and the swims have bags of room, i use both, a bivvie (2man) for me and the mrs to sleep in, and a tracker big z so that me and the mrs can sit under it during the day.

theres nothing like roughing it is there lads.

Guest peter mccue

Up to 36hrs I use a Tails up Babylon but for anything longer, not that the chance arrives too often, I'll use my 2 man bivvy.

My thoughts are that the more uncomfortable you are the worse you fish, consequently, the less you enjoy your session.

Guest biteless1

hi,

ive just bought a big z so that i can watch the water all the time, also so i can up sticks if im in the wrong place.

ive got a titan for the winter when its really needed.

arran.

Guest peter mccue

years ago, I spent a few nights fishing out the back of a Vauxhall Chevette estate with the tailgate up. The first screaming run I had in the early hours had me hurtling panic stricken into a half raised tailgate, which left me laid in the wet grass looking up at an exhaust pipe for 10 mins while the Carp made good it's escape!!