shelf life boilies

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would assume so. The concentration of smell can only last so long surely so you would presume that there smell would reduce when left open.

Soak them in a dip, that`ll sort them out.

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

craynerd:

You would assume so. The concentration of smell can only last so long surely so you would presume that there smell would reduce when left open.

Chris

on saying that, does that mean they will start to go off, meaning that you have to keep buying new boilies every time that happens? do shelf life boilies have a best before date?

I`m sorry, maybe my last post was nonsense as i was only hypothersising. Maybe someone with more knowledge could answer.

In my mind, although shelflife will last ages, and i`m unsure they even have a bb date, but surely after a while they will lose some of there origonal smell and flavor.

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

My partner Sue, emptied a local lake on three year old Mistral rosehips over pellet, they were like musket balls and had to be drilled to rig them up, as there was no way you would get a baiting needle through them.

I caught one on my home made specials before cadging a couple of her and taking a couple of fish.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I must confess to being a bit of a hoarder when it comes to baits and have until reciently kept some shelf life boilies in my bait bucket that are several yrs old, yes they have kinda lost some of thier smell but they look and smell ok and there are no signs of going off just getting harder (they are like marbles now)

That said what I have started to do now is blag the blender for an evening after saving up all my old boilies and blend them really fine as it makes a wicked pva bag mix, I did 7 kilos of assorted baits the other night added a handfull or two of betain pellets and presto loads of cheap bag mix or method mix.

7 kilos!!!!!

Strewth you must have one hell of an industrial blender Andi, lol

I wish Townlad, just a normal home use one took an entire evening but hey at least the baits not wasted :) and even though the baits were hard they were no where near as hard as my air dried baits, the blender struggled a bit with them, lol

Its caught me several good fish as well so I am glad I decided to experiment (be tight)

yup tis a great idea, if i ever make up any boilies i dont like or i have some off ones, or even some ones that just dont look smell or feel right, then il just bung em in the blender and they are brilliant! i like to either mix it in with some vitalin, or just use it in a PVA bag! brilliant! and the bag litteraly explodes if you use it in solid bags! and it creates a lovely cloud effect

Just my 5 peenorth! But a company I have started using for my CRAP tackle has a sample bnag with some BANANA boilies in it. They do NOT small at all and are like flippin bullets!! In fact a musket ball is about how I would have described them!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))