Bury St Austins Fishery - Rudgwick, Surrey

Dan G

I am due to fish the above this week and i'm teaching a friends son - he has got a new rod, reel etc for his birthday.

Has anyone fished here and, if so, what are the best methods, baits etc and what should i expect... never seen or heard of the place, but i'm guesing someone here will have!

Look forward to the usual pearls of wisdom...

Dan

Not sure if this is going to be much use, but I live in Rudgwick and have wandered round it a couple of times but never fished it.It is controlled by Carshalton Distict Angling Assoc. and consists of 2 lakes, the smallest is less than an acre and I think gets match fished a bit but looks like a pretty decent lake to teach someone on. The larger lake is 2 acres (maybe) and looks quite inviting and last time I was there saw some decent fish moving around (carp?)

Doubt if this helps much (!) but let us know how you get on as I may join the club as its very local.

Mike

Morden eh? Grew up there, used to be a lovely place (might still be).

Geoff

Dan

Not sure if this is going to be much use, but I live in Rudgwick and have wandered round it a couple of times but never fished it.It is controlled by Carshalton Distict Angling Assoc. and consists of 2 lakes, the smallest is less than an acre and I think gets match fished a bit but looks like a pretty decent lake to teach someone on. The larger lake is 2 acres (maybe) and looks quite inviting and last time I was there saw some decent fish moving around (carp?)

Doubt if this helps much (!) but let us know how you get on as I may join the club as its very local.

Mike

Thanks Mike

My boss lives in the farm opposite and i hear you can fish it on a day ticket - or a members day ticket. Its his son who i'm teaching. Apparently, 6mm pellets and corn are the way to go - floatfishing and light legering. I'm going this weekend, so i'll report back.

one nice roach of about 1lb, then blown off the lakes by the wind! still, the young lad was happy. match on the main lake with a couple of carp caught. would definitely go back when it warms up a bit.