Glug/Dip

Elton

Posted on behalf of Garry:

quote:

H,

Can anyone tell me how to make a good bait glug/dip to leave my pop ups in.

Just a good base to which I can add a flavour.

Garry

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Heres a good one.

Get a small jar of seedles strawbberry jam.

empty contents into a pan add a couple of table spoons of water.

And gently heat until runny do not put your finger in itl be red hot!!

let it cool for 10/15 mins add some strawberry flavour.i sprinkle a T spoon of G.L.M.into the liqued.give it a shake,and leave it within an hour itl be a right nice smelling clingy dip.Carp love it.

Tight lines..slayer..

Big net big ambitions...

This is another one of those practices where I'm seriously starting to wonder if it is really necessary. If it gives you confidence then do it, but these days I prefer to use the bait as I made it. It could be a case of more equals less in terms of attractant properties. I would never even think of dipping a bait in neat flavour, although some people seem to get away with it. I'll leave them to it.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Don't want to promote any other websites, but I found this one the other day and it is pretty good for anyone wanting to make their own boilie mixes, dips and whatever.

it is ,

http://www.boilie.co.uk.

It is a pretty interesting read for any beginners or anyone who wants to experiment.

The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.

It must be the missing link!

Instead of glugging, I prefer to mould a sticky paste made from the boilie mix around the bait, which gradually releases a compatible scent trail.

I have gone off the use of artificial flavours, but I have glugged with Minamino and Ambio in the past, which I think contain some kind of raspberry flavour, although in sensible dilutions. I think there is a danger though in thinking that more flavour means more fish, and I would far rather keep it low level than risk creating a deterrent.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I have to agree that glugging a bait can be less than useful but occasionally it can work.I have certainly done well over in France on the bigger venues where I`ve added oils to my fishmeal baits and soaked hookbaits in oil/multimino and Cranberry.

Try using SodaStream concentrates. You can get them from most supermarkets in all sorts of fruity flavours, they're relatively cheap, and the stuff is water soluble so leaks off pretty quickly in the water.

Where's the 'ANY' key?