river fishing

barney66

booked the last few days of fishing season off going to fish the rivers were i live thames loddon kennt but they seem to be out of sorts thames is very hard this season end of last year getting fish most places i went to the smaller rivers seem to fish better getting some good chubb barbel hope you all have a good last week barney

went today to the hurst & had a good day. Was pretty fast flowing but managed to get two 1 - 1 1/2 lb chub and then two just over 3lb so a really great day. Back of there next sat to stay a bit more into the evening & enjoy the end of season!

went today to the hurst & had a good day. Was pretty fast flowing but managed to get two 1 - 1 1/2 lb chub and then two just over 3lb so a really great day. Back of there next sat to stay a bit more into the evening & enjoy the end of season!

Its only just hit me this weekend that theres only a week to go, arggh!

Loads of places to fish and not much time to do it in.

I want to get a barbel/chub session in as well as a grayling session if the river levels stay down.

Ive spent all day researching local rivers today and found that there are some good small river chubbing spots within 50miles, why did I leave it too late to research??

Good luck wherever you go!

I had my last day of the season yesterday,I had a chub about 3lb,2 grayling and four trout,one was my pb at 4lb 4oz,I am aware that its not the trout season but if they're in the river they will eat your maggots.

The last week - doesn't it come round quickly? I've got two sessions left, Barton Court on Friday (yippee!) and undecided on Saturday. Neither will be 'serious' sessions. BC will be a day of exploring completely new water (never even seen the Kennet) which will be superb, I love wandering about in beautiful places, wondering what's around the next bend, should I fish here or carry on downstream just a little bit... and enjoying the social side of AN fish-ins. It's been a while since I saw Elton decorating trees :)

Sunday I'll be out somewhere with Richard, no idea where yet - it's probable that we'll move about and try a few different rivers. I'll leave it up to Rich where he wants to go, I've been quite a lot recently so I'm not bothered, it'll just be nice to have some decent company.

After that, it'll be time to do some serious tidying and a bit of less than serious cleaning, and start thinking about the downstream wets and upstream nymphs, and then giant tench and bream...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music