JRC STI 1Man for a Nash Groundhog FS - Am i MAD ??

g4fne

I have been using the JRC STI 1 Man for about a year .... very solid bivvy, versatile & waterproof but the weight & bulkiness i found to be a nightmare

Just recieved a Nash Groundhog FS ..... The difference in weight is huge (weighs less than half).... it seems as versatile .... it feels if anything bigger inside.

I know the JRC has recieved fantastic reviews (dont think i've ever seen a bad word said against it) .... it is a good bivvy

But ( i know its early days) ... the Groundhog seems a better one.

Am i CRAZY :confused:

[ 27. April 2005, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: g4fne ]

I have a thing about Nash stuff.... it's historical, or so I thought. I was given a Zero Tolerance thermal suit, which was pure rubbish.

Hems unravelled within 3 weeks, it pilled badly and the hood poppers were misaligned.

I reviewed them on another site, I wrote:

"Not especially breathable, not at all windproof, studs on hood misaligned with top. Nowhere near lives up to the press hype. You're better off buying a decent pair of thermals - these come over as nothing more than a fashion statement and at £24.99 highly over-priced."

If that's representative of their quality control - and allied to their concept of customer service (you can read what you like into that) I wouldn't go near Nash with a bargepole, and would treat any recommendation of them with the utmost scepticism.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Mate the STI is hardly a big bivvy in its folded position! its in a dincy bag...i have seen much much worse!!

Get a bigger wheel barrow or go to the gym, dont get rid of your STI !!

Seen lots of bivvys and looked at lots on the bank and the STI blows the rest away value for money!! thats why i just got one! but each to their own preferences!

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com