hook storage

dapper64

I decided to keep my hooks in a small tackle box,one of those thats about 100mmx150mm with the small compartments,but the smaller hooks keep getting mixed together as the lids don't shut tightly enough,is there one thats suitable for smaller hooks on the market?.Are magnetic hook boxes a good alternative?if so do they come in small sizes say twelve compartments?.cheers.

Guest tigger
I decided to keep my hooks in a small tackle box,one of those thats about 100mmx150mm with the small compartments,but the smaller hooks keep getting mixed together as the lids don't shut tightly enough,is there one thats suitable for smaller hooks on the market?.Are magnetic hook boxes a good alternative?if so do they come in small sizes say twelve compartments?.cheers.

You can get magnetic ones so your hooks don't fall out but also so they don't roll/bang about and blunt the point.

Both Preston Inovations and Korum do a good one well worth the money and not dear about £3

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

I keep all my hooks in their original packets in a wallet too, and my hooklengths in resealable plastic bags labeled with the hook make and size, barb type (barbed/m-barbed/barbless/crushed down) and line strength.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Guest tigger
I keep all my hooks in their original packets in a wallet too, and my hooklengths in resealable plastic bags labeled with the hook make and size, barb type (barbed/m-barbed/barbless/crushed down) and line strength.

You sound like you'd make someone a crackin little housewife......... :D;)

I have the magnetic boxes but to be honest I just leave them in their packs :rolleyes:

Edited by tigger

I use a mini maglite box with some plastazote fly keeping strips in. Sorry about the crap photo!

post-14528-1236691215_thumb.jpg

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Dapper, why wouldn't you keep them in the packets? Packets, tackle-box, rig-wallets...tidy.

...Andy...

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I usually prefer using a hook wallet as the hooks don't litter/clutter my tacklebox, don't rattle around in the box or get lost if I happen to drop the box and last but not least I can instantly see the hook specifications on their packets.

Although a lot of the time when I am roving on a river I sometimes just put the sizes I will be using in my waistcoat pocket and leave the wallet at home.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)