Carp Rods + Reels

henda11

i think its about time i got some new gear, the gear i got a year ago wasnt expensive but does the job as always, but i was thinking of maybe getting some new gear. does anyone no of any good deals on rods and reels that are decent for carp/specimen fishing?

PB Mirror Carp: 10lb 7oz

PB Common Carp: 7lb 7oz

i think its about time i got some new gear, the gear i got a year ago wasnt expensive but does the job as always, but i was thinking of maybe getting some new gear. does anyone no of any good deals on rods and reels that are decent for carp/specimen fishing?

You need to decide first what you want them for. Are you fishing small gravel pits, weedy waters or large waters where you need to fish long range ? Also what price range are you looking at ? (and what is your current set-up ?)

Rob.

well id usually be fishing on not very large waters, but i will be going to more places this year one of them be the wylands fishing centre.. so i usually use a 2 or 3 rod set up, with bite alarms, usually on a running ledger.

PB Mirror Carp: 10lb 7oz

PB Common Carp: 7lb 7oz

7-8' jerkbait rods with 5600/6600 size baitcasting reels spooled with 30lb (or even 50lb) braid.

That way you can get use from them when not carp fishing and they will certainly handle any carp that swims in the UK.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President