Hand lining!

bluezulu

malevans:

thinking about it as appauling as using a radio controlled boat armed with cam, and sonar, to take your baits to the right spot.

Here is to the happy medium.

why not just attach your line,hook & bait to the back of a radio controlled boat that will save the hassle of casting out!then when you hook a fish the boat can drag it back to your peg!no need to carry all those annoying poles and rods to the waters edge then!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bluezulu - that should work fine as long as you have a remote control anchor on the boat. Otherwise you have to either keep repositioning the boat (runs your battery down pretty quickly) or lose control over where you fish. Probably be as much work to lug along spare RC batteries or a charger as it would to carry all those poles and rods.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Surely what is required is a spear gun attached to the side of a RC submarine – (with remote video feedback and echo sounder).

Just sit back on your megabivolounger mkXXL, hook it up to your PS2 & ‘voila’ superfishsim LIVE!

:D

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Peter - it is certainly a technique that takes all the worry out of what bait to use.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Or the need for an unhooking mat! Seriously though Newt I was gutted the first time I saw an Alligator Gar I was stalking caught this way.I had put a "rope" lure over it a couple of times and one of the guys on the boat asked if he could have a go at it.I was horrorfied when he shot it with the bow! even more so when he eventually got it alongside and blew its brains out with a hand gun!Didnt use that boat again.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

bejeeezus, & I thought the 'anti's over here had enough to give angling a bad press!

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Nowt to do with angling mate.Hunting with a bow and arrow is a popular sport in the US.They dont care what they hunt be it animal,bird or fish! the special bows for fishing have reels built in to them and the arrow is attached to a line.Fish like carp and gar which lay close to the surface are easy targets.The big Aligator Gar are highly sought by bow fishermen but classed as trash fish by anglers.Totally beyond me how you could prefer a 4lb Largemouth to a ton plus AG though.A lot of the real big AG have been wiped out in some areas.Dont get me wrong there is a lot of skill in both sticking an arrow in the fish as well as playing it in.Its just that its so wastefull of a fine sporting fish.Cant eat em either, they efing pen and ink!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!