Cycling to the lake

carping_mad

Carping-mad... the terain (sp?) cant surely be that bad that you cant use some sort of a trailer as shown above. Its a two wheel trailer and strapped up well should never tip up or lose items if you covered it. I think thats your best.

Also i`m guessing its only the off roading for a maximum of 1 mile thats near the lodge that you are asuming is prohibiting your use of a trailer. Well if worse comes to worst, jump of at that point and use your bike and trailer as a ""wheel barrow" style thing to lug around ur equipment the last bumpy way.

Ull get ur food, terminal tackle and even chair in the trailer (chair standing up and tied down), your rods on your frame and resting on the trailer, and your back is free for another bag then like ur bivvy....

Your 18 arent you? Personaly i would live at home when at uni, pocket the student loan and invest in a set of wheels...nice cheapo vauxal or similar...sommet ur not worried about buggering up when ur on the dirty paths to lodges!

Regards

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

For years I cycled everywhere I went fishing, and one of my favourite venues was a 15 mile round trip. However, I never found this a problem once I worked out how to load the bike. Besides it was only about 45 minutes each way as I recall.

The key was that my flat chair went on the rear panier (later swapped for a child seat when I became a Dad). The seat was much wider than the panier and so my rucksack sat nicely on top secured with bungee straps.

Everything except long items went in the rucksack. My rods, landing net and bank sticks were then strapped to the crossbar. 3 piece rods made this a lot easier.

I did own a brollie, but rarely took it. When I did, it too was strapped to the cross bar.

This way, nothing went on my back, which I found more tiring. More importantly, I found a rod holdall on my back unstable and potentially dangerous.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Thanks guys,

Chris >> Not 18 yet mate. lol. otherwise i would already have a nice cheapo car to "bounce off wall with" so to speak. lol. but am 16 so not quite old enuf yet! lol. hence the reason why i have to use the bike! lol. Thanks chris, i am getting a trailer a little later on, so will see wat its like :)

Steve >> Thanks mate, 45mins! on the bike! Thats a long time. lol. it takes me about 20mins. so not to bad, but like you the problems start when i load my bag with all my stuff as all the pressure is on my back to. so think i may try and see if i can stick my bag on top of my chair. thanks matey :)

Put your rods and landing pole in one bag, or a leg from a pair of trousers will do, tie em all together and put in the racksack, strap em to the bags handle or shoulder straps, if you need more space, use a record bag and put that over your head, sitting on your lap.

If i can carry it doing upto 75mph for 30 miles up the A127 and A13 on a 125cc bike, you should have no problem

Don't ask me about chairs though :P

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

RUDD:

I used to cycle about 2.5 miles from Kirton to trimley carp ponds at 4am to get the best peg in my youth.

After breaking a beach caster that got caught in my front wheel I learnt to carry my rods unmade in tubes inside a small rod holdal complete with brolley......

A beachcaster? How big were these carp?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Leon Roskilly:

The only way to travel!

TrailerReduced.JPG

Tight Lines - leon

Leon, does that come in camo or realtree ? :D:D:D

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

• 3 years later...