Lewis Hamilton MBE , why!?

mr motorola

The reason for the sports facilities in this country being so few and far between, is that THIS government has decided thet the youngsters can't handle losing. If it is sport then there has to be winners and losers and they have decreed that this must not happen!!

Report cards have to be changed so that they don't show your position in class - and I seem to remember seeing an article that said they want to give an average for the WHOLE school!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason for the sports facilities in this country being so few and far between, is that THIS government has decided thet the youngsters can't handle losing. If it is sport then there has to be winners and losers and they have decreed that this must not happen!!

Report cards have to be changed so that they don't show your position in class - and I seem to remember seeing an article that said they want to give an average for the WHOLE school!!

I think you'll find that the policy of selling off schools sports grounds was started under the previous Tory government, KB. (I'll let someone else do the research, I'm crap at it :D).

True this lot have reneged on promises to change things, but then they are (with a few exceptions) virtually the same party.

John.

PS. I find myself agreeing (in part) with Bill (OI! OI!). What do they mean today?

MBE, OBE, KGB, BSE, they're all the same to me, just letters after a name.

All about show, and very little substance or worth.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Not getting Political, by googling "schools sports ground sell offs", I only get Labour party mentioned!

But whichever party started it - thats WHY we haven't got competitive sport for schools today!!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

OI OI,

K.B. the trouble with most of our schools to-day is that they are sold off then least to the education dep't, But now they rebuild call them ACADAMY'S & get private money to build them then to get their money back allow outsiders to use there facillity's ( in school hours) as well as outside school hours, Then the teachers only help certain kid's if you dont want to learn nobody will make you plus perents attitude (no disappline) kids leave school at 16 & as thick as sh$te, you can see it all over.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Winning the F1 world championship was the result of a lifetime's (OK, he is still young, but he can't help that) dedicated and successful effort in lesser cars.

As for the jibe of "having the best car" - well, ask yourself why McLaren selected Lewis as their driver and not someone else. Its a chant of losers generally that "Its not what you know, its who you know" It never occurs to these people that "what you know" will inevitably determine "who you know". Talent will out, provided that the "who you know" group recognise talent when they see it.

I would rather see successful sports people getting these accolades than some time-serving politician.

That said, groups that are grossly under-represented in these "honours" are volunteers in the various rescue services - Mountain rescue, Cave rescue, RNLI and the like - some REAL heroes there. ...and yes, long service carers should qualify for these awards too.

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Winning the F1 world championship was the result of a lifetime's (OK, he is still young, but he can't help that) dedicated and successful effort in lesser cars.

As for the jibe of "having the best car" - well, ask yourself why McLaren selected Lewis as their driver and not someone else. Its a chant of losers generally that "Its not what you know, its who you know" It never occurs to these people that "what you know" will inevitably determine "who you know". Talent will out, provided that the "who you know" group recognise talent when they see it.

I would rather see successful sports people getting these accolades than some time-serving politician.

That said, groups that are grossly under-represented in these "honours" are volunteers in the various rescue services - Mountain rescue, Cave rescue, RNLI and the like - some REAL heroes there. ...and yes, long service carers should qualify for these awards too.

I agree One hundred percent with all those comments. :thumbs:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!