blooming wireless

chesters1

still having a problem using wireless to go online.

i thought it was my BT home hub v1.5 but managed to find a version 2 (coool) at the boot fair still wrapped.

gleefully plugging it in i ran the software ,the PC sees the hub (good signal hoorah) the software sees the broadband connection (cool) and checks my phone number to make sure its me but after its told me alls well and have a nice day it wont connect to here! or anywhere!!!

web browser page tells me everything looks ok but check the firewall etc ,done that switched it off! nothing! even bt help chunders to a halt because it cant connect.plug in ethernet and alls well!

I can see the hub in wireless networks with a good signal and its connected ,why cant i play online???.

second attempt at installing told me to make windows control the connections ,did that and it seemed happy and continued the install.

looking at the wireless conection details windows cant see a problem with it but the details have blanks after the "default gateway" and "WINS server"? the ethernet connection has the "default gateway" filled in but not the WINS one :wacko:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try manually configuring the IP address and default gateway on the wireless connection - give it the same default gateway and subnet mask as your wired connection, but change the last number in the IP address to anything else between 2 and 255.

another strange thing which maybe a reason ,i also have a wireless printer if i connect to it (not found how to do it auto yet) it disconnects the hub :wacko:

i thought wireless solved all these connection problems :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

On the printer thing, it seems to me that you want the printer to connect to the HomeHub as just another client on the network, not the PC to connect directly to the printer. You want your PC to be on one wireless network, and your printer to also be on the same network, whereas I think you have the printer running its own network which your PC is connecting to separately to the wireless network run by your homehub. This could be causing addressing problems.

If you open a command prompt (start/run.../ and type cmd) and type

ipconfig > c:\dump.txt

and then show us the contents of dump.txt, it might be obvious what's wrong.

tis the other way round i need my pc to connect to hub and printer or use my printer via hub via pc

running desktop help only works via ethernet if i try unplugging it despite my hub being connected wirelessly (so it says) it refuses to run because its not connected ,grrr

will post txt file soon running a windows update so its not letting me touch anything behind the download box so i cant get to my computer etc

used search :wallbash:

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 21:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : home

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.64

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 13:

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.65

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

its that gateway diooda i mention why doesnt it put it in automatically for wireless?

Edited by chesters1

It should do - odd. Try putting it in manually- use 192.168.1.254. (Do properties on the connection, internet protocol properties, and fill it in there).

right done that now to remove the ethernet cable.........

dammit

Address Not Found

www.anglersnet.co.uk could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of

"www.mozilla.org")

* Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.

* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.

* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

back on ethernet .

new dump.txt

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 21:

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.64

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 13:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.65

Edited by chesters1

seems to be the wireless ,wireless light on blue ,all security (to restrict kids browsing) off etc.

wireless icon on taskbar shows the hubs connected

Edited by chesters1

Hmm, that's not good.

OK, let's just see whether there is any connectivity at all. Try disconnecting the ethernet cable and at a command prompt typing

ping 209.85.229.99