Jobs for anglers

Peter Waller

Struck me, when replying to another thread, that we have atleast two resident AN Angling Revs.

There is certainly, in this country, and maybe the US, a tradition of clergy being involved in angling and country sports. Well, I mean, only working one day a week does have certain advantages! Is it the perfect job for an angler?

So, what else is well suited to being an angler, apart from being unemployed? My local postman certainly gets plenty of angling time. Although I have earn't my living with a camera for many years I have, over the last few years, drifted into being a salesman, flogging double glazing would you know! Well, not all double glazing companies are bad. It is almost as good as being a Rev when it comes to angling! Basically I can work my appointments around the tide, very handy. And I can still wield a camera when it suits.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Waller:

I have, over the last few years, drifted into being a salesman, flogging double glazing would you know!

Bloody Hell!

What a thing to admit to.

I know it's Christmas, but some things are beyond forgiveness.

There have been lots of hunting parsons!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

i work on average 3 days a week, so my job lets me have plenty of fishing time, plus i sometimes go to nice spots in the name of work. my travel baitcaster is always in the back of the jeep

Rev. Alston did OK didn't he!

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Peter, a Double Glazing Salesman ????????????????

Good grief.

Is this after you gave up being an Estate Agent, Used Car Salesman and occasional

Tarmac Drive Layer ? :D:D:D

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Wouldn't lower myself to being an estate agent Cranfield! . As for used cars! Ha, not me. Did do a summer, as a teenager, on the hot stuff with some cousins though. And some of those drives are still going well more than 40 years later. And don't judge to harshly, one of those boys had Prince Phillip as his God-father!!

Funny old world, I was a photographer for umpteen years. Woke up one morning to the realisation that I was burnt out. Rich enough to retire, but not rich enough to enjoy myself. one of my old commercial customers wanted a designer/photographer so back to work I went. Saw what the salesmen were earning so now do all three jobs, part-time, for one boss. There are a few double glazing companies that do work in a right and proper manner, just not many of 'em!