Jobs for anglers

Peter Waller

jeepster:

never got chance to fish, too busy working :( did find some pretty scary spooks though ghost

I read the PR about the Somerleyton spooks. You did well to get a camera in there. Old Lordy is a nice bloke, but doesn't like cameras. I've photographed the hall a number of times, but have always had to use subterfuge to get the shots that I have wanted. One time he took me round insisting 'no photogreaphs'. I used a Nikonos which is so quiet! Pulled down hard on the straps and took my pictures, standing next to him. These went out on a TV ad and he was over the moon! Mind you, the son, young Lordy, is a switched on person, things are changing.

Work it for the fishing next time. The lake is huge, haunted, daunting, full of mystery, and some nice fish.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Waller:

Rich enough to retire, but not rich enough to enjoy myself.

Sums up a lot of us!

Inflation is the problem. You suddenly find yourself left behind. I don't think I shall ever retire!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

we were supposed to be filming the lake, even took an underwater camera housing, but the house is so big we had no time. old lordy has nothing to do with the house now, he's given it all to young lordy who seems a nice bloke. we stayed there for 24 hours filming pretty much non stop, doing seances in old lordys bedroom and loads of other rooms. the spookiest place was up in the attic, the servants quarters.

Guest Ferret1959

Perfect job for an angler................simple.

Santa, work one evening a year and fish the rest of the time. :D:D:D

Definateley my job, I am a fishery manager! I get my bailiffs to do the work and fish whenever I like! A carp a day makes me work rest and play. :)

Let me assure you all that the WORSE job for actually going fishing is a fishing guide!

Any way it dont really matter what job you do,Ive had loads of really different ones and the only limiting factor Ive ever found is your own motivation!

having lots of spare time isnt always the best way as you can all too easily adopt the "I can go any time I want so I wont bother today" atitude.Ask anyone on the dole for instance.

[ 24. December 2004, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: BUDGIE ]

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Well the one Job I would hate is an angling related one!

I once loved Computers, from a ZX spectrum up to a PC I had the lot, opened them up, even taught myself how to build them for the fun of it.

Then five years ago I was offered a chance to work on an ISP helpdesk - what could be better than get paid to chat about PCs and the 'net all day!

Needless to say I know despise the bloody things!

I'm quite sure Angling too would not be anywhere near as much fun if you "HAD" to get out of bed and do it 5 days a week every week!

Mat

Mat

Worse than guiding was when I ran a small tackle manufacturing company.Being self employed it was hard work and it got to the stage when you did get some spare time the last thing you wanted to do was go fishing.

The best way around it is like my mate Rob has found.He works as a fish farmer/bailiff at a large trout reservoir,although being a competent fly angler he hasnt got that much interest in that side of it much prefering course and sea fishing.In other words being involved in angling at work but not to close to his own preferences to interfere with it.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Doing shift work allows me to get out fishing some mornings before going to work in the evening. However I could have cursed my work this morning when my pager went off at 3:30 and I had to go out on a job. Got home about 20 mins ago, and I'm going back to bed. Goodnight!

[ 25. December 2004, 06:48 AM: Message edited by: terryk ]

Terry