Jobs for anglers

Peter Waller

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can anyone not show compassion because advance warnings were not heeded, approx half of the deaths are children. Mind numbing. I don't know how anyone can not be affected by the sheer enormity of this mind boggling tragedy.

Dear Peter,

You said;

"How can anyone not show compassion because advance warnings were not heeded, approx half of the deaths are children. Mind numbing. I don't know how anyone can not be affected by the sheer enormity of this mind boggling tragedy."

No matter how far we are all away from those distant shores, Peter of course speaks for the vast majority of our nations residents whose hearts go out to all those poor people across the world.

I don't ever find myself ever getting remotely close to being de-sensitised over any tragedy where injury and loss of life occur no matter where it takes place. And this case, as Peter says, is mind boggling.

It quite says something when individuals can rant on about how a fish is being handled yet appear to brush the enormity of this situation aside with unbelievable comments such as;

"As for the survivors, I wouldn’t mind betting that the ones with their heads screwed on will come out of it a lot better off than they were before."

Tell me Budgie, how exactly does a father, mother, son, daughter, "come out of it a lot better off than they were before" when all their direct family members have been swept away to die an agonising death? When they have lost their home, their only possessions? And the stench of death lingers all around them in a place that once was paradise?

Budgie, your post at this terrible time when hundreds of thousands are facing up to the reality they will never see their loved ones ever again, simply takes my breath away.

What ever this issue has to do with "Jobs for Anglers" Lord alone knows.

Thank God that my children and loved ones sleep soundly in their beds tonight. And may God bless all of those that can’t far, far away tonight.

I accept the callous sounding tone of my post Lee and I wish that it wasnt true but Im telling it as I feel it.And sad to say have seen it many times in the past.

In my life I have witnessed first hand many tragic things.Some at the time I have thought would have changed my life/the world forever but they never have,only changing my personal "sensitivity".

Nothing can now be done for the people who have lost there lives.All the mourning,sympathy in the world wont help them nor will all of the people who just "make the right noises"

Not a dig at you Lee (as in most cases your veiws apear similar to mine and I have come to respect your other views through your posts) but just what are the vast magority of people who are "making all the right noises" actually doing to help those in Asia? I will tell you what I bet its the same as they do for the homeless guy who sleeps in the doorway of their local supermarket or the OAP alone in the flat next to them - NOTHING.Im doing nothing either but I admit to it and accept the reasons why.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I have long had the idea that Stephen Hawking now has.

"God is to be found within the laws of nature"

I'm with Newt, as usual!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

That John is my whole point.All though nearly all loss of life out there is tragic and certainly not something I would have wished for there is very little that we will actually do or could do to help.I think that there is very little point in becoming depressed over it or "beating ourselves up" over the fact that we cant/dont help.

I would love to see all the nations of the world mobilising and sending people,equipment,food,matirials etc etc out there a global "Challenge Anaka" or "Changing Rooms" if you like.Wouldnt bring back the dead but it would help get the survivors to a starting point for normality quicker.

But as I said we cant even get the basics right in this country.No difference in my book to a guy who is cold and hungrey in this country to one in the far east,regardless of how they came to be in that situation.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Every time something like this happened, my dad used to say. "Why do people choose to live in such places?"

I stay where I am. I haven't got a passport! Not that I want one with those EU stars on.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Jim Roper:

I have long had the idea that Stephen Hawking now has.

"God is to be found within the laws of nature"

I'm with Newt, as usual!

i'd add the word 'human' there - as in the laws of human nature as everyone know the difference between right and wrong inside, even if they don't follow it.

I think the perfect job for an angler would be one with long holidays,limited hours, free foreign trips to exotic places, an expense account, your own secretary and quite well paid.

has to be a back bench MP then. :D

GB

www.swff.co.uk - Guernsey Saltwater Fly Fishing

Member of B.A.S.S. - www.ukbass.com

Member of NFSA www.nfsa.org.uk

"better to have fished and lost than never fished at all "