Rod Licences

Tom Durham

The same over here but I prefer to call it Darwin's own county B)

Clearly your lot haven't come down from the trees yet :D :D :P

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Clearly your lot haven't come down from the trees yet :D :D :P

That's why we've got a head start when it comes to making cider :P:drunk:

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my last one online (and possibly the one before that too). This time, I thought that I would support the local post office and buy one there. I was also thinking that I could have it in my hands, there and then, as had always been the case before.

First question was whether I'd had one before. Next question was if I had the reminder - well, I received a reminder, but it went straight in the bin, since I've never needed any such thing before. She seemed disappointed in this - apparently it would have saved filling my details in. So we went through filling in my details anew, and I paid my money. But no licence. Instead, a receipt, usable with ID, in lieu of the real thing, which will arrive in the post shortly. Just as if I'd not gone to the bother of walking to the post office and had instead done it online from the comfort of my own office. Which is what I shall do next year.

Still, at least I won't have to fold it to fit it in my wallet, and it will have a picture of a perch on it. :rolleyes:

I had the opposite experience! I tried to renew mine online from the comfort of my desk, but after 10 minutes got to the dreaded 'verified by visa' screen and, being at work and not home, didn't have the card reader thingie to hand (I hate those things). So I cancelled that and took both my reminder letters to the post office this lunchtime. The woman scanned them, took my money and gave me receipts. Sorted!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I did it on line as usual. It struck me as odd that I had to fill in a form with details that they already had. Then it struck me as downright bloody annoying when I had to fill all the details in again to buy one for my other half! You would think that the "Buy another licence" option would bypass some of that, or am I being thick?

Of course the system seems to have screwed up at the unimaginable idea of two licences for the same house, so it's only sent me one email receipt (luckily it's for mine).

Still, if it wasn't for my fifty two quid how would they restock the Mersey with salmon that I will never fish for and how would they afford the four wheel drives and night vision googles they need for patrolling remote Lake District streams for salmon poachers at 2am (on double time)?