spodding

I am lookig to fish a water which has carp and bream in it. It would seem we will had to cast about 80 metres to maximise our chances. We are thinking of spodding to feed it up But does that not scare the living daylights out of the fish ?? how long would you need to leave before you start to fish ??

Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Peter

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

Dan, it very much depends on the water. If it's heavilly fished like a commercial venue then the fish associate spodding with free food.

On the other hand, on a wilder, more natural water such as my pits at Wingham spodding spooks the fish big time!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Bream do not like to much bait dropping around them while feeding PERIOD.

They DO LOVE to have a munch on a bed of bait they come across.

I have learnt this during matches from experiance and some very good anglers.

BEFORE even putting in groundbait they will have a few casts to see if bream are in a peg.

If there are no signs they will groundbait.

Once the bream arrive and feed only small amounts of loosefeed are feed.

If catching bream while using a groundbait feeder after a while they will back off it, its then time to switch to a bomb which normally results in an instant response.

Carp on the other hand are greedy pigs.

I have had runs using pva bags within seconds of casting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!