New Bloke

Tim Fox Evans

Morning, new bloke touching base.

I have loads of kayak & canoe experience...surf, rolling, racing and generally splashing about..

'Recently bought a Tek-Sport XT-Sea and a Tek Sport X-cite for me and my son...(both second hand and a good bargain) The X-Cite has two rod holders moulded into the hull but the XT-sea is going to get fitted out by me. I plan on making a bait holder from plastic tube and extra webbing for kit...Do many of you carry eguipment in your life jackets? Knife, line, spare bits etc or does it all get stowed on deck?

I have two Sundridge boat rods which for years were used for big pike on my local river, but after moving to Wiltshire I am keen to get some bay fishing organised in Dorset and south Wales and encourage my son (12) to get the habit...Any clubs, top tips would be welcome.

Hope to see you about. Cheers

Welcome to Anglers Net. I'll move this to the Kayaking section since it is quite a bit busier than here.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Tim,

There are no clubs as such but there are frequent meets along the East Devon and Dorset Coastline with Kimmeridge, Lulworth and Ladram Bay (Devon) being popular destinations. Blue Anchor (Minehead) has gained in popularity too and depending upon where you are in Wiltshire you should not be much more than an hour and a half from any of these. Whereabouts are you?

You can get some good ideas about how folk rig and use their kayaks and the safety gear carried here:-

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

All the best

Jules

Edited by Moonyaker

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

• 2 weeks later...
There are no clubs as such but there are frequent meets along the East Devon and Dorset Coastline with Kimmeridge, Lulworth and Ladram Bay (Devon) being popular destinations. Blue Anchor (Minehead) has gained in popularity too and depending upon where you are in Wiltshire you should not be much more than an hour and a half from any of these. Whereabouts are you?

You can get some good ideas about how folk rig and use their kayaks and the safety gear carried here:-

All the best

Jules

Very good advice Jules. You can also find good advice with video's & stuff in the new 'Anglers Afloat' group on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/ I didnt realise how popular facebook has become with fishing resources in the 'groups' section.

Edited by yakfisher