Pepperami

Severn Wolf

Pepperami is not a bait I`ve ever used before but I think its going to have to have trial run down on my local (and very hard) estate lake. I`m just wondering what you guys use with it. Do you rely on a small amout of feed maybe in a bag, or fish it over pellets?

Also, which do you find to be the best one?

wolf.gif

the normal green one is my favourite bait, i've had my PB chub and river carp on it, just hair rigged, no pellets. would probably be worth fishing over pellets if thats a method you're comfortable with

I sold Pepperami as a van salesman for MMMMmm....Mattesons the importers for seven years. I can tell you that Pepperami is no different from any other salami that is sold in many delicatessans. Because of it's girth, it may be easier to use on hooks..thats all.

Enfield North London

The place i`m fishing only needs smallish amounts of bait, theres very few carp in so its more a case of stopping one in its tracks rather than attracting a fair few in. You reckon just one stick cut up and hand fed (margin fishing) would do the job?

wolf.gif

codroamer, pepperami is totally different from most salamis sold in delis, in that it's total crap! mass produced and heavy on chemical additives, tasty yes, but not because it's made from good ingredients, purely because of the additives! right, got that off my chest!!!

i've never really loose fed with pepperami, i've just hairrigged a bit, about 3/4 of an inch long, sometimes with the coating shaved off, sometimes not, can't say it made much difference, but you have to experiment don't you! a couple of (smaller) pieces chucked in near the hook bait is the most i've fed

normally carry them with me, but never really tried them that much.until last weekend and fished three rods on a run's water one rod on a bait i am feild testing the other on nash scopex popup and the other on pepperami. and pepperami out fished them all biggest was 18lb 9 0z lake record is only 21lb so not to bad. was fish in the margins under a tree about 3ft out and was loose feeding pellets every now and again. Also was removing and pearcing some of the skin so it would let some of the oil escape.

Tight lines bloke.

Have used pepperami for the last 12 years and every carp I have caught has come out on it.This includes a 41.25lb.lake record.I normally fish with PVA bags with pellets and a few pieces of chopped pepperami.M1 pellets work really well.