Best Bait!! :D

Bigminnow

Hi guys, fairly new into carping "AGAIN" used to do years ago....umm real question being as things have moved on a bit now is what bait? for the time of year? basically fishmeal based ...fruit based...ect ect Nuts and pellets...when to use what??

any ideas and comment will be much appreciated"!!

:D:D

I tend to do most of my carping with halibut boilies these days. They tend to catch me fish right through the year. And I always use pva filled with pellets.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

matey you gotta go with what youthinks best ! do your homewowrk on the venues you fish sopeak to the regulars, speak to the local tackle shops etc..itsno good buying 10 kilo of X bait when its never seen it before !

this question could rage on for ages, dont go overboard though thinking you gotta go armed with everybait under the sun ! few grains of fake corn and maize, bag of boilies and hemp !! the shelf life boilies will do you fine until yourconfident in using A.N Other bait company for custom mades etc.. persoanlly i have my good friend and angling buddy (and AN monkey) Julian to thank for my bait :Dwww.bigkipper.com proper good bait it is too :D and im also on the poacher for an alternative !!

lastly dont get baffled if the people you ask go on about spodding in 15kilo of X bait and 10kilo of X bait, big beds can and will catch fish but single hook baits and small bags will often work just as good ! u dont have to spend £££'s of pound on bait when realy catching a fish is a bouns your out there to enjoy your fishing not worry about whether or not the nextfish is a 30lber etc.. enjoy it and the rewards will follow :D

keep it real....

Chesh

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

Bigminnow:

Hi guys, fairly new into carping "AGAIN" used to do years ago....umm real question being as things have moved on a bit now is what bait? for the time of year? basically fishmeal based ...fruit based...ect ect Nuts and pellets...when to use what??

any ideas and comment will be much appreciated"!!

:D:D

As feed via pva bags I use halibut pellets all year round in conjuction with strekker coarse fish pellets (as used by just about every fish farm on the planet) in a varity of sizes.

In the winter I use 80/20 in favour of strekker and in the summer 50/50.

Hooks baits consist of mainly 21 or 14mm halibuts in the summer and I also use mainlines csl or trigga hard pellets.

In the winter maggots are a killer as smaller species are not so much of a problem.

Durning all nighters I do like to fish over a bed of hemp / corn with fake popped up maize/corn.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

• 2 weeks later...