Clever Claw

Sportsman

It really does work very well once you get the hang of setting it up and trusting it to hold the butt of your pole. If its very breezy I don't unlock the hook so it doesn't spring open, though its never happened to me yet when unlocked.

I would say its one of the best bits of pole kit I ever bought.

However, it doesn't stop there... use it for your rod butt when tip fishing and you set your rod high to keep the line off the water, when the tip pulls round the natural strike springs the claw open and you have instant control of the rod free from hindrance.

The only requirement for it to work is that there is upward force on the rod butt against the claw so if you set your banksticks behind the reel seat the rod is held firm until your strike releases it.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

I bought one - and then gave it away, as I prefer to use an up and over on my Korum chair. It is a reverse rod rest at the back (the butt of the pole goes UNDER it!) and a vee pole roller in front.

I can get it so the the line above the float is about 5cm longer than the hight of the pole extended, which means that if a fish does take the float under - it self hooks!!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my clever claw arrived today. Looking forward to getting out and trying it :)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Well, my clever claw arrived today. Looking forward to getting out and trying it :)

Good investment. Once you get used to it and set up right you will wonder how you got on without it. It will certainly help with the back problem