September????

Polly

Haven't been out for a couple of weeks now and begining to turn my thoughts towards piking in October but is September a good month to keep chasing Mr.Carp. This is my first real serious season of carp fishing and must confess when I've been night fishing fot tench and bream in the past the September nights got a bit chilly to be sitting watching a glowing float. I know I can get tucked up in my nice new bivvy now and weather is not an issue so much but nights ARE colder and LONGER now and I'm wondering if it's really worth the effort. Struggled through the warmer months and didn't even get a run so I suppose I'm feeling a tad deflated at the moment. If I decided to go it'll be at the Woolpack (Godmanchester) so would appreciate any help and advice for banking carp as the weather cools towards Autumn.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

I had sweet FA really throughout last summer but September fished *much* much better. September is a bit warmer month than it used to be (experts would have us believe anyway).

I find carp fishing in intense heat difficult and hard work (at times). Cloudy to overcast with occasional rain through the week generally has yielded me better results.

It might be water specific though!

Ian W

hi polly

the warmer months are harder for the carp fishing ive expierinced and i think the best months are febuary and march and i think its well worth being out of the hot house and in the bivvy waiting for the alarms to go of and landing a 20, 3o or maybe a 40 pounder

j.green

I only got back into 'serious' angling last year too and I started last August. I must say that September was a great month.

You get some beautiful days but without the blazing heat (though it was scorching today! :D ) and although the days are getting shorter all the time they are still quite long. At the moment it's my favourite month of the year. In theory the carp should be thinking about bulking up a bit before the winter. (Though today they were still in sunbathing mode!)

The days are getting shorter all the time so make the most of it. They're still very active. And still very catchable.

In October I'll be spending more time on the river.

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

They're not coming up for bread as much as they were a few weeks ago, but carp should be catchable for a while yet...I suppose they are catchable all year round but the winter months can get tedious with long waits between bites.

:(

I'm having a few more weekends on the carp pools then going to Scotland after the pike and maybe, possibly, hopefully a stray salmon or two

I've got use of a mates house up there for free, but it's very cold on early mornings and on an evening frosty

Thanks guys, that's started the adrenaline flowing again, got that feeling in the pit of my stomach and looking forward to weekend. It'll be good to get out again, missed a few weeks due to family hols and such. Can feel a twenty coming!!!!

Polly~~~~~~~~~ September is a great month for carp fishing.Probably the best month of the year.Especially the latter part of the month.If the weather is reasonable October can also produce some good results.

Polly:

I know I can get tucked up in my nice new bivvy now and weather is not an issue so much but nights ARE colder and LONGER now and I'm wondering if it's really worth the effort.

Sorry for Hijacking the post :P

Hi Polly did you get the JRC Dave Lane umbrella in the end as I am still waiting for the overwrap to come at any moment.

Back to the main question :D

Go for it mate as I will be having a go for an evening session on my pool soon, so far I found September really good and maybe early October if the weather stay mild!

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

September seems to be a consistently good month. I think that carp must be aware of the change about to come and have a feeding binge before the frosts arrive. If you look to Scotland you can see the overnight temps dropping to 4 & 5 celsius and these temps can lead to local frosts. Definitely autumn so fill your boots.

Andrew Burgess:

Andrew Burgess:

I know I can get tucked up in my nice new bivvy now and weather is not an issue so much but nights ARE colder and LONGER now and I'm wondering if it's really worth the effort.

Sorry for Hijacking the post :P

Hi Polly did you get the JRC Dave Lane umbrella in the end as I am still waiting for the overwrap to come at any moment.

Back to the main question :D

Go for it mate as I will be having a go for an evening session on my pool soon, so far I found September really good and maybe early October if the weather stay mild!