boilie MESH.??

ohterry

HI ALL.

i,m going to les quis in july, and ive been advised to purchase something ive never heard of. BOILIE MESH. apparantly its used to cover your boilie to prevent crayfish from getting to your boilie .

only problem is, i cannot source the stuff any where.

any one point me in the right direction, i would be very gratefull..

many thanks in advance.terry

Both Fox and Gardner do it. If you have a problem sourcing it, e-mail me, or better still try clicking on one of Elton's links.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

hmmm I have been fishing over 25 years and must admit i have never heard of boilie mesh, except pva mesh, but that obviously is not what you mean. I have also asked around the carping fraternity on your behalf and no one seems to know? Could you ask the person you heard from to give you any more details? The only thing I can think of is what the fishery owners sometimes do and that is to put a mesh type cage in the lake or pond to trap the crays?? sorry could not be much help

[ 15. May 2005, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: Common 40 ]

You could also take a few of these:

http://anglersnet.co.uk/reviews/berkley01.htm

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Years ago when I fished a "Secret Squirrel" water in North Bucks we tried all sorts of ways to get round cray's. We would have to re-cast every half an hour through the day and night to stand any chance of catching a carp, where 3 runs a season was good!

We tried wooden (balsa) baits soaked in flavour, meshing, microwaved boilies, heatshrink (worked well!), supergluing two tops off a swim feeder together and filling with boilie mix, etc, etc.

However, the best baits for carp, without a doubt are the Berkley Power Naturals.

Incidentally, for 'meshing' borrow a pair of your missus stockings (with a wide mesh) and save yourself a lot of £'s.