Roach?

henda11

i was just wondering what roach are like this time of year? will they be feeding?, as i am going carp fishing 2moro and dunno weather to take float rod and fish for some roach aswell. Will they be on the bottom or will they not be feeding properly for a while yet?

PB Mirror Carp: 10lb 7oz

PB Common Carp: 7lb 7oz

They should be feeding fine! a far more traditional winter prey than carp, just scale down to 1.1lbbottom to a size 22 with a single maggot. Feed little and often once youve got them going.

Another good aproach is with punched bread on the hook and liquidised bread for feed.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I went carping last week didn't get any action doing that but i took a float rod & like Budgie says a few slices of bread it was a skimmer or roach every chuck i got fed up in the end my towel & my net were covered in slime its good fun though & breaks up the monotony of cold weather carping

Good luck :)

The more i practice the luckier i get :)