Petition to keep the close season on rivers

Peter Waller

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I signed it!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I voted to abolish it on a recent poll on another forum because when we are out on the Thames during the close on our boat the number blatantly fishing out of season is a joke as is the EAs so called enforcement of it,have called and reported it loads of times as i have seen the inspectors boat sail by guys fishing without a word.

No magic of the 16th for me as i have seen the numbers fishing my bit in the close and it ruins the expectation of that magical day and the numbers are rising each closed season,I bet if we take the boat out in a few weeks time we will see loads fishing and they are not all Kids/EE but plenty of Carp guys and general pleasure fishermen as well.

For the record i don`t fish the close on rivers despite seeing this going on around me but i am joining a local lake this year to go for the Tench.

If it was enforced i would vote for it to stay and obviously it may be in your regions but on mine it certainly is not,Righto rant over Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: