Petition to keep the close season on rivers

Peter Waller

Some game areas even allow the use of maggots if they are hooked onto an artificial fly!.......................never could get my head round that one :rolleyes:
The River Leven (the outlet from Loch Lomond one) that I cut my teeth on allowed any legal method for Brown Trout, Sea Trout and Salmon. Fly, spinning, maggots, worms, whatever. My favourites were caddis fly larvae and pinkies. Pinkies to me are not pink maggots, they are baby mice before their eyes open. Float fishing, set lines i.e. not holding the rod in your hand and fishing on Sundays were verboten. When I was younger there was no close season for coarse fish in Scotland. I don't know if this is still the case.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was younger there was no close season for coarse fish in Scotland. I don't know if this is still the case.

There does not seem to be a coarse close season in Scotland. i found this and was interested to know that the Salmon season has regional variations which is what i was advocating in England for coarse fishing but some seem to be saying was unworkable

http://www.fishing-uk-scotland.com/htm/sco...ing-seasons.htm

Edited by Peter M

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/