Where does Fred Goodwin Live?

ColinW

OI OI,

It's no good blaming him after all it was GORDON BROWN who santioned it, I can't remember what J. Clarkson called him but was true & bloody funny.

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OI OI,

It's no good blaming him after all it was GORDON BROWN who santioned it, I can't remember what J. Clarkson called him but was true & bloody funny.

If any politician 'sanctioned' it it was Lord Myners. The real culprits are the RBS board, who should have sacked him.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Guest Rabbit
If any politician 'sanctioned' it it was Lord Myners. The real culprits are the RBS board, who should have sacked him.

Blame the Myners?? Now where have I heard that before :o

Oh sh1t, that's twice I have had to agree with Rabbit :rolleyes: I need to go and have a lie down, the loonies are about tonight :o

I agree with some of what he said, too.

I have to admit that I don't know much about this case, but from what I understand, a bloke got paid well to do a job badly and is now drawing a pension from it. One that seems large to most of us, but is probably the norm in his field.

Was he a footballer?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I think most peoples negative attitude to Goodwin's pension is fired by envy, rather than a considered evaluation of the reponsibilities of a Chief Executive and his actual role in international economic events.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I think most peoples negative attitude to Goodwin's pension is fired by envy, rather than a considered evaluation of the reponsibilities of a Chief Executive and his actual role in international economic events.

I tend to agree.

The guy was employed to do a job for which he was paid and which included his pension options. The board of RBS sanctioned his pensioning off and I'd guess, shareholders probably did as well. Perhaps they should have sacked him, but they never, so as far as I'm concerned he's getting paid what he's contractually obliged to get (just as all of us would expect from our own employers). It's therefore the system and the banks remuneration policy that's at fault, not any one individual, who worked within it.

Rob.

Quite apart from which, there are laws against stlalking in this country, and the suggestions of various posters on here would seem to be getting perilously close to

them.

The guy played the system and did the rest of us a favour by underlining just how incompetent our current crop of business leaders adn politicians are when they allow themselves to become blinded by the lure of filthy lucre...not unlike some of the more extreme posters it would seem.

And for the record, I dislike the way he has handled things - almost as much as the way Lord myners has tried to palm the blame off on everyone else but himself. But Lord Myners has a track record in that area.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

The situation in the US with some AIG Execs (American International Group - a large US insurance company) has gotten almost as bad as some of the posts on here suggest for this fellow.

The problem there is that after receiving a huge chunk of money from the government to keep them from going under (tax funded money so part mine), they have proceeded to pay out large sums of money to executives as bonuses. Probably legal but unpopular enough they are not making any of the names public for fear they will come to physical harm.

AIG is not the only company but the huge public outcry at their behavior has apparently cause them to have a rethink and some other companies that also received help from getting started with the bonus thing.

Last I heard, AIG was in the process of paying out over $165 million in performance bonuses after losing quite a few billions of dollars recently. They said it was necessary to retain some key people needed to unscrew what they had so royally screwed up but when it turned out they had already paid a few millions to people who had left the country, the situation got even uglier.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

it was necessary to retain some key people

We had the same thing said over here.

It's almost as if they haven't noticed that there is a surplus of highly qualified international bankers and traders in the jobs market at the moment.

Apparently, some of them are so good that they don't have "Bankrupted my former employer and helped to bring both my country and the global financial market to it's knees" on their CV's.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

What absolute rot. My "negative attitude" is fired by his smug decision to keep the money the idiots in our government were conned by his mates into giving him.

People might say "He isn't doing anything illegal." and that is probably true, but it is damned sure immoral. That is why I say don't do anything illegal to him, but I think we are perfectly within our rights as a society to legally abuse people who wrong us.

If no-one will play golf with him, talk to him in a bar, play with his kids, or in fact associate with his family in any way, then those actions are also "not doing anything illegal" and are therefore just as "right" as what he is doing.