Sleeping bags

RUDD

Been offered a Wychwood System sleeping bag RRP 100 FOR 21.00 and the fleeced lined cover to go with it for a tenner!!!!!!!!

30 quid for a 130 system.

think I will have to go with this.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can not argue with that, pity though I just found a surplus Store doing the PLCE for twenty quid, without the bivvy bag

[ 11. May 2005, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Tony U ]

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

j_s

Look at www.the-outdoor.co.uk/ishop/853/shopscr118.html

the bags are not new but grade 1 refurbished I beleive they have the Goretex Bivvy bag available at an extra cost to.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

The bivvy bag is a goretex outer cover for the bag which allows it to be used in the open and be fully waterproof and breathable something which would be useful if you do overnighters with an oval type brolly rather than the fully blown shelters and you get caught out by a summer storm.

Or it could allow you to dispense with the brolly/bivvie altogether and sleep under the stars.

You may have talked me into getting one for myself

[ 11. May 2005, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Tony U ]

Tony

Rudd,

As soon as I can find where the wife has 'tidied' mine to, I'll let you know which one it is!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

RUDD:

Been offered a Wychwood System sleeping bag RRP 100 FOR 21.00 and the fleeced lined cover to go with it for a tenner!!!!!!!!

30 quid for a 130 system.

think I will have to go with this.

And they have just throw in a Wychwood spd three legged bedchair RRP120.00 for 30 quid :D:D:D:D

New brolly/bivvie system inc groundsheet, pegs and 4 storm sticks, new bedchair, newsleeping bag and bag/bed cover all decent kit for a total of

198.08 inc postage - not bad at all.

Espically when total rrp and postage comes to approx 494.00

RUDD

j_s:

Nice one Rudd   :)  

What's the plan with all this new gear then?

I am pretty much an allrounder but when nightfishing in the past either stayed up all night or slep't in an old army bag on a rollmat under a brolly.

This can be quite uncomfortable and not to good for my back.

You can also get very wet through rain and dew.

Also we are not allowed to arrive at our water before 6am or leave after 10pm.

Everyone knows the best fishing times are early morning or late evening and I have had plenty of trips that this rule has messed up.

Another rule is no camping - they mean in tents, bivvies are ok as long as you dont cause an obstruction to other anglers.

One of my plans is to do an evening Tenching, get a good nights kip and be up and fishing at first light which can be just after 4am at the height of summer - TWO HOURS OF PRIME VIRTUALLY UNTOUCHED TIME fishing when others cant!!!!!!!

I will be home by 9am to keep the wife and kids happy and hopefully have bagged up before the 10am to 5pm crew have had their breakfast.

The brolly will also be used without groundsheet and front panels as a shelter during day sessions except match style fishing when I use my seatbox and have a 50' wavelock brolly complete with 4 storm stick points (much more stable than guy ropes and allows several set ups of brolley).

RUDD