2 questions: freezing boilies and attaching PVA bags?

UJ Supanova

hi

i have 2 questions...

1. i have recieved boilies this morning in the post, freshly made, it says to freeze them if not being used in the next couple of days, i'm using them on Sunday so i've put them in the freezer, how long do they need to defrost for before use? and can i refreeze them, also, is it neccessary to freeze them at all?

2. how do i attach a PVA bag to a rig? i've recieved a load of these aswell and i'm not sure how to use them.

thanks for your help.

[ 01. September 2005, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: UJ Supanova ]

1:

Unless you are using them all on Sunday, you'll need to freeze them, for what you require on Sunday you could just put in the fridge until then.

You can re-freeze them but I've found their texture to change afterwards and these ones get used in the next session chopped up as freebies.

As a general rule for frozen boilies: treat them as any other fresh food (bacon, fish etc) they will last indefinaely in the freezer, I have some that are 8 months old!

2:For large bags I tend to put my hookbait and lead into the bag then fill it up with freebies and lob the whole thing in.

You'll need to put the hook in one corner and the lead in the opposite corner, fill it up, lick and stick, then pierce a few times with a bait needle to allow the bag to sink.

For small bags you can make them up at home before you go and attach them to the hook before casting, but beware; they have a tendency to either fly off on the cast or float away when they hit the water :o

Hi UJ Supanova

On the Freezing issue....Thursday now, using them on Sunday? You'd get away with not freezing them. The bait companies do advocate freezing them to keep them as fresh as possible but I've caught plenty of carp before on baits that would be deemed as not fresh!!!

PVA bag attaching.....depends what type of bage really m8ty!! You can nip the hook through if the bags are small, you place your entire rig in the bag (lead included) if they are a big bag.....just be careful not to over stress your rods though. A full PVA bag and lead can be pretty heavy, you don't want to crack-off or damage your rods!! Let us know what type of bags and you'll get a more detailed response I would think.

Cheers

Treach515

[ 01. September 2005, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Treach515 ]

Pretty much m8! Get it as tight and compact as possible (sounds like the Mrs.!!! Oopps sorry) so it's areodynamic, not too heavy and nip the hook through a corner!!! Works a treat but let us know how you get on.........

Cheers

T