......so damned sick of it all!

mpbdsnu

Why oh why are there some posters hell bent on slating others' because they fish differently to theirselves?

I really cannot understand this?

Yet it is always one-way traffic, is it not? I have never read on this forum, derogatory comments made by carp anglers towards others within the sport, yet constantly the ignorance shown by some in the comments made towards carp anglers/angling really winds me up!

Some have tried educating the ignorant, but this clearly does'nt work! For at the slightest opportunity, it kicks off again.

Elton, will you please remove my name from Anglers Net's list of posters? Thank you.

Now why would it make any kind of sense for one of you to leave and the other to stop posting on the coarse forum simply because others dont share your view of one particular issue?

I don't like the way the carp scene has developed and looking at the money thats extracted from carpers for ever increasingly expensive gear and bait, then in my opinion certain aspects of it have become a mug's game and I'll say so. But if nobody agrees, then these days I'm more inclined to smile and walk away.

It isn't just carp. On the forums and in the popular press, I read a never ending diatribe about fishing guides killing off the fishing, the horrors of livebaiting, the dangers of summer piking, using too big a treble hook on lures, using mono traces for perch, flyfishing for pike with understrength tackle and all of the other hogwash that passes for minority opinion. But it'll make no difference to how you or I think or fish. You'll still be out there chasing a fat old carp with a name and I'll still flyfish for pike. But theres nothing there worth the price of leaving a forum or not posting on part of it.

[ 26. September 2005, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

There are a few people that post on AN that have entrenched ideas I could never agree with, rather than bother arguing with them, I ignore them.

They are probably happy with this arrangement and I certainly am.

I wouldn't let any one person, or group, stop me from visiting this, or any other Forum.

I hope you come round to thinking the same way. :)

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

mpbdsnu:

Why oh why are there some posters hell bent on slating others' because they fish differently to theirselves?

I really cannot understand this?

Yet it is always one-way traffic, is it not? I have never read on this forum, derogatory comments made by carp anglers towards others within the sport, yet constantly the ignorance shown by some in the comments made towards carp anglers/angling really winds me up!

Some have tried educating the ignorant, but this clearly does'nt work! For at the slightest opportunity, it kicks off again.

Elton, will you please remove my name from Anglers Net's list of posters? Thank you.

As a long time lurker on this forum, much of what you have posted has been a massive help to my own carping/confidence and i would respectfully ask you to reconsider your possition as you are one of the more informed and knowledgable on this forum and would be sadly missed.

I have seen various comments flying about over the last few years and tbh generally i always thought they were said in jest or at least very much tongue in cheek, i think its very much a case of "one mans meat is anothers poison" and i would hope that if they were to see how much this obviously upsets yourself and others they would be decient enough to tone it down somewhat.

I hope you change your mind about leaving this forum however if you do not i wish you all the best in everything you do.

Egads Malc, someone been having a pop at you??

As you know I'm very much an 'alrounder' and have been known to 'give the rise' on a few threads.

It often makes me smile when the 'pedunkle's have another snap at the Carper's and I often wonder if it's not a touch of jealousy?

Most development in angling these days is 'Carp' based, a lot of fisheries have gone Carp and even the fly fisher's are having a go for them, sure Carp are the new Trout but then Trout were the new Pike when I took angling back up.

What goes around comes around and in a few years Carp will have 'topped out' and the unwanted attention of the biased and ill informed will have moved onto whatever the fish of the moment is.

I apologise if anything I have posted has caused offence, Take just about anything I post in jest even if I have eaten quite a few Carp!

Your posts on Carp and Coarse fishing are always informative, I just wish some others on here (who seem almost to have an anti angling agenda) were as competent an angler as you (and kept their fingers shut).

In the words of whoever may or may not have had that watch engraved: “Don’t let the B@stards get you down”.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Malc, you have PM,

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic