......so damned sick of it all!

mpbdsnu

Malc, don't let'em get you down fella.

At times I share Malc's frustration as it does seem one-way traffic. Having said that, I don't expect anything different and it's all water off a carp's back to me.

Malc is a good friend and a damn good carp angler, always willing to help others and is always good for a laugh. We've shared some giggles on the bank on more than few occasions; remember Zorba jumping into the lake whilst sleep walking! :D:D:D

Anyways, I digress. Malc, get your arse back on here, pronto, you know you're very much loved on here!

C'mon everyone, group hug. :)

It's amazing isn't it?

From the safe haven known as behind the keyboard and monitor, some forum members feel brave enough to insult, intimidate and generally ridicue other members safe in the knowledge they will remain anonymous and safe from the prospect of meeting their target of abuse face to face.

I'm not a prolific poster but find it quite tedious and boring to read what I class as "Handbag threads" wher members squabble and bicker about ANY subject.

Yes we have members on this site who seem to take great joy in primarily writing snide posts on any section, be it, coarse, carp, whatever.

Come on folks, respect other members points of view. Debate sensibly, constructively but lay off the slagging off! :mad:

'From the safe haven known as behind the keyboard and monitor, some forum members feel brave enough to insult, intimidate and generally ridicue other members safe in the knowledge they will remain anonymous and safe from the prospect of meeting their target of abuse face to face'

I used to think like that townlad until I realised that its largely fantasy land and real world values don't count. However, in between the hype, bull and the odd verbal fisticuffs, theres a lot of good sense being doled out by genuinely helpful people. Some of us even fish together on a regular basis. You just can't afford to get too sensitive to the rough stuff. Forums thrive on a bit of controversy and the occasional flare-up, but they never last long and the mods here always sort things out.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Argyll, I agree with a lot of what you have said mate.

Forums are a good method of exchanging info and a bit of banter.

Unfortunately, some people see it as a platform to vent their frustration, anger etc onto a virtual stranger.

I know some members fish together and this is quite obviously seen in some of the posts - they know each other.

It's the types who DO hide behind their monitors and spin out mainly crap and argumentative posts that get my goat. I like a laugh and can take a bit of ribbing like most folk. Touch wood I have not been on the receiving end of any skits and genuinely wonder why some people do cop for it.

I've seen many new members introduce themselves on the forum telling a bit about themselves and got sarcy remarks for their efforts! Bet they don't stay long!

thats forums all over mate! as a new member ive kept my head down a bit when it comes to heavy issues! as being a long time member on carp.com ive noticed that the newbys get alot of stick if they stick ther neck out to much.

so hope u take it easy on me!

ive been known as a wind up merchant but always in a sort of off the cuff way with peaple i speek to regular on ther and know! and im almost famous for it!

and whole threads have been filled with me and sombody i know calling each other noddys etc more for the comedy of it!

but to make misinformed comments such as BIG ALS just makes them look stupid so dont rise to it!

like u say just a coward hiding behind a keybourd,maybe one of thos chaps that fish twice a year and just read the mags!

[ 27. September 2005, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: geffaz ]