Bait Boats

chesters1:

they said fixed spools were unsporting once   :D  

But the more Intrepid of you persisted in using them!

Sorry, Chesters, I'll get me coat :P

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get mine too :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

get mine too   :D  

yeah, but in the nicest sense of the word, you have an anorak's enthusiasm for the Intrepid.

Strange though, I always find a person's passion for a subject is quite inspirational.

Good on yer, mate.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

To all those who oppose the use of baitboats, please imagine this scenario:

You are fishing a 60 acre lake;

there is a small island in the middle, which is the only visible feature;

the island is 160 metres away at the nearest point;

the margins are non-existant as the lake was originally purpose-dug for water-sports, you can wade out 10 metres and its only 18" deep;

the only carp to be found are congregated around the island;

Bearing in mind the old adage, "location, location, location" - & you gotta find em to catch em...............

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO FISH IT?

[ 17. September 2005, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: mpbdsnu ]

If someone wants to play at being a pond admiral - naff though it may be - that's up to them (providing club/fishery rules allow same). Likewise those who row their baits out with inflatables etc. What they are not entitled to do, however, is have an adverse effect on the otherwise undisturbed nature of someone else's swim/fishing-area. Sadly, a high proportion of those who use bait boats and/or inflatables seem to be somewhat insensitive to the way they affect others. And it may be coincidence, but they seem to comprise a high proportion of mallet-happy bankstick-bashers, too. Perhaps that's why they need boats to get their terminal tackles a long way from the bank....?

Look, Jim - if you want a bait boat for Christmas, all you have to do is ask. All this 'denial' is not covering up your true desire :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

mpbdsnu:

To all those who oppose the use of baitboats, please imagine this scenario:

You are fishing a 60 acre lake;

there is a small island in the middle, which is the only visible feature;

the island is 160 metres away at the nearest point;

Bearing in mind the old adage, "location, location, location" - & you gotta find em to catch em...............

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO FISH IT?

Why not create an area the fish want to visit based on where they patrol ? They won't stay round the island for long if there's no supply of food; or you find or create richer pickings elsewhere ?

Boats are great to remove the tedium of spodding but people will always abuse them to catch that extra fish .......