Bait Boats

im fed up of people saying that if you have got a bait boat you cant cast. If someone wants a bait boat, and gets one no one should have the right to critasize them i have one, and i have got one because i think they come in usefull, and can help put a couple extra fish on the bank. at the end of the day we as fisherman go fishing to catch as MANY fish as we can. so a baitboat is somthing that can do this so why not have one? most people say these bad things about boats because they themselves have not got one surely if somone offered you a free bait boat you would take it,and use it!!!. by the way i can cast! before somone starts saying stuff i bought the boat mainly for placing soft pike baits such as sardines at 50 yards plus. i expect somone to argue with my comments but everyone has a right to there opinion so bring it on! :D:D :mad:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edd:

quote:

But are you looking to take 20lb+ carp out on a pole that close to snags?

they are not just designed for that they are for getting your hookbait and free offerings where you want them same as a pole and pole cup dos nt mean you have to fish snags now does it?

So who uses bait boats in the main? Carp anglers - so your analogy is slightly flawed, as they certainly do fish close to snags.

Anyway, pole anglers present their bait to a point - it's just a different style of casting. Thus far I see no reason to change my point of view, but each to their own.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

the vipers are realy realy good bait boats there large and strong so they dont get blown away when it is windy and choppy unlike the micro cats i no a friend who had 1 and had it blown in 2 a island and broke the sealing on it thats most cheap bait boats usualy

:dont go lond distance

:dont have good lights

:and batterys dont last very long at all

at the end of the day if your gonna get a bait boat u get a good one that willl last.

quote:

So who uses bait boats in the main? Carp anglers - so your analogy is slightly flawed, as they certainly do fish close to snags.

not flawed at all,a lot people use poles next to lily pads which is alot more dangerous to fish as you are gonna lose alot more fish even getting them tangled up in the lilys than you will with using a rod reel and strong line. btw i pole fish and carp fish and ive seen alot more fish lost on poles and snagged up than people using bait boats.

edd:

quote:

not flawed at all,a lot people use poles next to lily pads which is alot more dangerous to fish as you are gonna lose alot more fish even getting them tangled up in the lilys than you will with using a rod reel and strong line. btw i pole fish and carp fish and ive seen alot more fish lost on poles and snagged up than people using bait boats.

If you look back through this thread, Elton was making the point about fishing close to snags. That was the point I was referring to. I was saying, in effect, that if you can't cast close to a snag with confidence, you're probably not skilled enough to hit and hold and then move the fish away from a snag - so a bait boat is encouraging what to me, at any rate, seems to be an irresponsible way of fishing - as is pole fishing to snags.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

yes i did read his post but your saying bait boats should nt be used but they do have their advantages.this is wot you said before elton posted

quote:

I maintain that if you can't cast to a point you shouldn't fish to that point.

like with a pole you can fish tight to an island etc but i bet you could,nt cast tight to an island

thats all im saying is dont put people down who want to use 1 as there is no proplem in using 1. and as for people saying you should cast or only use one cos they cant cast is just plain stupid. anyway ive had my say and im not saying anymore cos we could go on and on and nobody will win as every1 has their own opinions.

strange thing though there used on ponds even light float tackle can cast to ,its nothing to do with fishing its one-upmanship more so if the little boat has the "correct" badge of the month

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson