Rapid Erection (not even with a bit of help from the wife)!!!!

Polly

I think not..........................

Put my JRC Sti bivvy up in the back garden yesterday. Took me (and the wife)about 30 mins to suss it out and make it habitable, hardly the few minutes claimed by some. Maybe it'll get easier next time but I doubt it as next time will be Saturday morning and I'll be on my OWN!!!

Anyone else out there own one of these? and if so can you fire some tips in my direction. Cost me £150 and didn't even get a set of instructions with it. Wasn't mind bending Rubik's Cube stuff but first time (with no instructions) was a real try this try that session. Anyway, it looked great when WE finally got it up but could do with some useful tips for Saturday, and no I'm not prepared to take the wife along to help out.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Dont mean to be rude, but its a case of one two three lol!! How are u struggling, i gotta admit first time i put mine up it took 10mins, but now i can easily do it in 5, and i find it easier on my own.

Best way i find:

Make sure the outerskin is off!

Open the hole thing up, i.e unfold all the metal struts.

Clip in all the metal struts, so that u have the 3 struts clipped together and all on top of each other.

Stand infront of the door (i know it lying down but u know where i mean) and thread the pole through to the back. Clip in the back, then clip in the front.

IT is now up, easy from here!!

Position to where u want it to go, and peg in the back and side, just use the 3 pegs.

Make sure ur happy with where it is.

Use the clips to clip on the second skin.

Then pull it down to the back and pull out that peg and use it to peg both skins.

Do the same with the sides, and basically all the back pegs up to the sides. So all the back pegs are pegging both the tent and skin pegging points.

HARD BIT-pull the front bit down hard, so that the seam running over the door is running over the front strut. Door this or it will collect with water and every 10 mins empty if raining! PEG down at the front tight so the seam is over the strutt.

UR UP!

Just a few things people have shown me! with no instructions i didnt realise!

1) Look in the bag and u`ll have a clear plastic sheet. This is great, it basically covers the mosquito net on the front door. So u can still see out and it keeps warm and dry! (THAT obviously only if you keep the outerskin door open, which mine is perminantly!

2) Look at the side of the bivvy, u will see more clips, if u like inside there are clips at the same spot on the inside. If you pull all the front bit back it`ll clip back like a brolly with side!! v cool if ur doing a day!

3) Obvious but look under both skins and there are clips to clip back both doors, i guessed they were there but couldnt find them !!

4) There are a few pegging points on the front pegs, this is for slopping banks.

Hope i helped, only just got mine, but i`m well impressed, discover something new each time i put it up. Try it again before u go, put it up and down a few times more before u go.

I`m sure u`ll like it, i glad i spent the money and got one!

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

Brilliant!!!!!!

Thanks for this Chris, must've taken ages to type and I really appreciate your help.

From your advice looks like I made a few silly mistakes along the way. I pegged WHOLE inner down before adding tension pole and floor cord!!! Also had to pull pegs when I'd added outer skin. Most of time remonstrating with my good lady about just what we'd done wrong. Once we'd detected errors it was obvious but just why JRC cannot include idiot proof instructions beats me. Like everyting in life, first time is normally a disaster. I'll put it up once or twice more this week and hopefully by Saturday I should be a real Pro.

Thanks again mate.

Polly:

Brilliant!!!!!!

I pegged WHOLE inner down before adding tension pole and floor cord!!!

lol, yea THATS why is was so difficult lol!! yea, attach the braces, then put in the tension pole. (AND DIDNT ADD-->) THEN but the tension line across the floor then peg into position. Like i say, put 3 pegs, back and sides just to hold it down while u put on the top skin, then go around and put in all the back ones in the same pegging points, use different pegs for the fron tho!!

I had mine in all sorts of positions when i first got it lol! I AGREE - INSTRUCTIONS ARE DEFINATELY NEEDED! i didnt learn myself, lol, someone showed me on the bank when they saw me struggling, how to do it properly.

Just glad i can help, u lot all helped me months back maybe i can give a little now!

Let us know how it goes!

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

Just wanted to add - Worth doing or at least trying the way i said as it goes up really way, seen some people back the inner and outer with different pegs and its no where near as tight and close!

and another helpfool cool little tip. When its cold and u got ur fire on so u need a little gap, look at the door, it is only velcroed on at the top and there are zipps both ways, so u can open the door letter box style, i.e bivvy all zipped up with just a little hole at the top of the door!!

anyways i`ll shut up now and let u put it up

[ 25. April 2005, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: craynerd ]

Here fishy fishy.......

Thanks again buddy. Pasted your post and copied to word doc. Print out will travel with me for a while till I get it down to a fine art.